Contributor

Re: OT / Can anyone recommend a pillow top bed with firm support but soft in the pillow top portion?

Now we don't want to get up because it's comparable and now we both sleep through the night
Super Contributor

Re: OT / Can anyone recommend a pillow top bed with firm support but soft in the pillow top portion?

Simmons Beautyrest Catskills from Sears -- it or its previous generation was a Consumer Reports Best Buy; I just bought it a year ago -- only $800 for double-bed size, delivered, including foundation -- and more comfortable than those two or three times the price. (And I spent hours lounging on possibilities at various mattress stores.0

Check out Consumer Reports for whatever their current recommendations are. I was just thinking the other day after a year I am extremely pleased with this one. And not a dent in it even though I lie in the same part of the mattress night after night. Firm yet with the soft pillow top.

Contributor

I just went through mattress buying this summer. I researched, visited stores, etc. etc. My mattress was 14 years old, did not cost an arm and a leg when I bought it and I would love to have it back! I would just add a mattress topper and be done with it! I first bought a top of the line Serta iseries. After 30 days there was a dip in the middle and I could no longer sleep on the side for falling into the dip. Sent it back and now have a new Stearns and Foster that just came out after I picked out the serta. I like a firm mattress and boy is this one firm! Spent $1600 and still had to buy a 4" memory foam topper for it. With the topper I am finally happy. I feel for you and this process. It is an investment and just a few minutes trying it out in the store is not a good indicator of how it would be all night long! I wish they had mattress stores that allowed you to sleep a full night on it before purchasing {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. Good luck!