Trusted Contributor

Re: ORIGINAL MALLY EYESHADOW STICKS

@HappyDaze  Mally's old Taupe is more of a cooler gray taupe kind of color.  It's been impossible to find a dupe.  Bobbi Brown's Stone was the closest I found.  Her line is pricey though.  But if that's all that's available, then it is what it is.  Someone here told me to look for Timeless Taupe I think and I just saw it in a kit here on QVC, but I really need to swatch things before I purchase.  Plus, I don't need any more sticks!  Heehee.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

Why can't Mally's new company just make the original shadow sticks again?  We all want them and they'd sell like crazy.    Mally's taupe was my only eye shadow for years and I really miss it.  I've tried several other brands, including Mally's new sticks (which I returned), but nothing compares to Mally's original.   Why do companies try to make a product "new and improved" but they only ruin it?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

Thanks, all.  I just placed an order with Kiko Milano (I can't believe how reasonable the products are -- and free shipping when I spend only $15.00).  I can't wait to see the eyeshadow sticks and other items I ordered.  I also will check out the other brands mentioned.  Sometimes spending more and getting a great product is worth it!  Have a great Sunday.

Honored Contributor

@Carolm wrote:

Has anybody located a different brand of eyeshadow sticks that are as good as the original Mally sticks made in Italy?  I don't care for the new ones as much as the original sticks. 

Yes. Trish McEvoy. Her Topaz is a dead ringer for Mallys' Saddle. As I use up my Mally, I move in Trish's; her colors are the same (at least for the ones I use).