Honored Contributor

OPINIONS ON A-308449 EMJOI EPILATOR PLEASE!

Today I ordered the A-308449 Emjoi EpiSlim Epilator.  I had an epilator years ago and it really hurt severely.  Carolyn Gracie said this one didn't hurt because it is small and epilates at little sections.  (In so many words)   It will be for my upper lip, chin and some neck area.  If you have this epilator, does it hurt and do you like it?   Thanks... SC

Honored Contributor

Re: OPINIONS ON A-308449 EMJOI EPILATOR PLEASE!

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

Today I ordered the A-308449 Emjoi EpiSlim Epilator.  I had an epilator years ago and it really hurt severely.  Carolyn Gracie said this one didn't hurt because it is small and epilates at little sections.  (In so many words)   It will be for my upper lip, chin and some neck area.  If you have this epilator, does it hurt and do you like it?   Thanks... SC

@Sweet Caroline 1Pain tollerance is an individual thing.  If you prefer that size, then that's what you should have.  My concern would be that it's battery operated rather than using a direct current. 

Honored Contributor

I own it and like it. I had others and sent them all back due the pain and harshness it caused on my face. This is not pain free but it is much better than all the others I have used.

I am not a hairy person so I just do maintenance on the upper lip etc. I use it a few times a week for just a minute and it works. 

The first epilation is the worst..after that it gets less and less painfull till it is nothing but a tiny pinch.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been epilating my face, underarms, legs, and bikini for many years.  It's true that the more you do it the less it hurts, so maybe you just need to suffer a little the first couple times until the hair gets weaker and thinner.  I can tell you though, that no epilator is going to be totally pain free on your face.  It does clear up my sinuses when I do mine, though.  Cat Tongue

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I have a very small Emjoi, smaller the the one QVC sells.  It hurts like heck, so badly that I quit using it a couple years ago.  Mary Beth is not being truthful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've tried epilating twice and it hurt so much, I gave up. I am not a wimp, either.

I've purchased the Tinkle Eyebrow Razor Blade Brow Shaper and now shave my whole face.  One of the best things I ever did.  I'm just sorry I waited so long. 

Honored Contributor

I have one from QVC that I bought close to two years ago.  Plug-in type.  I love it and wish I would have had it years ago when I needed to shave my legs and underarms.  I  use it on my chin and upper lip area and I don't have to use it very often.  Better than plucking.  I have also used it on my arms and have only done it twice and see very little hair.    After first couple of times using on face, it doesn't hurt.   Now I can do it when I need it and don't have to go for waxing.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your replies.  I'm going to take a chance on it because I really need it to work for me.   Use to be a few hairs but now, I could be the missing link.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1

I use this on my legs.   And my bikini line.  Does not hurt.

Good luck.