Valued Contributor

I recently purchased a Butter London serum eyeshadow in a taupe-y color, “Driftwood”. I’ve been using it alone for a sheer wash of color on my lids (and a bit of mascara).  It is so quick and easy, and I really like it for a subtle, natural look.

I had been using three colors (lid, crease, brow).  This just seems a better fit for me most days. 😃

Do any of you ladies use a single shadow on your eyes?  

Trusted Contributor

I am using the Revlon Colorstay creme eyeshadow in caramel when I want one shadow makeup.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

I use Mally's Shadow sticks for just one shadow.  It is much quicker and I like how it looks.  Now that I am retired, I don't need the crease, lid, etc. shadows.

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss  Yes, I have three of the colors and love them. I have always used cream eyeshadow because it is so easy.

And sometimes I use the cream for a base with powder shadow on top.

Respected Contributor

Plush Rush Blush & Lip - Inspired

@SwedishmissAnother favorite is the blush and lip product.

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss  You sold me!  I just bought one at Amazon!  THANKS!  Woman Very Happy

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

I recently purchased a Butter London serum eyeshadow in a taupe-y color, “Driftwood”. I’ve been using it alone for a sheer wash of color on my lids (and a bit of mascara).  It is so quick and easy, and I really like it for a subtle, natural look.

I had been using three colors (lid, crease, brow).  This just seems a better fit for me most days. ?

Do any of you ladies use a single shadow on your eyes?  

Butter London products are half off on Ulta.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss   I use It powder foundation. I sweep it across my closed eyelids and boy you can see the difference. It looks very natural and fresh. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  I used only Mally's eye shadow stick in Taupe for several years.  When Mally's sticks got too shimmery, I switched to other brands.  The one I use the most is by Kiko Milano, also in taupe.  One swipe and done!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I have a couple of bronzers that are a bit too dark for my fair skin but they look great as eyeshadow for blue eyes.  I'm an eyeshadow junkie but if I'm pressed for time, I will just put bronzer on my eyes and it's always pretty.  My eyes are very sensitive and I've never had a problem with it irritating them.