Valued Contributor

Re: ONE AND DONE EYESHADOW

[ Edited ]

@spent2much wrote:

@Swedishmiss  You sold me!  I just bought one at Amazon!  THANKS!  Woman Very Happy

@spent2much  I hope you love it!  I really enjoy using it - especially on my mature eyes.

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki 

That sounds pretty!  Is this color very dark?  I have bluish green eyes and am very fair so wondering if this shade would be good for me.  Does it stay on well?  Thanks!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 absolutely not dear, Clinique eye shodows are not pigmented, the darker one may seems to reflect the light too much but it is not. If you want it darker, a second or third application achieves it.

...and yes, it does stay all day long, if your lids are not dry, pass them with some poweder. I have dry lids and the eyshadow lasts all day for me.

I also need to say that Clinique eyeshadows costs 23 dollars for the duo (the one in the picture and and 18 dollars for the single ones. I like this one too.cl_sku_7PWGAG_1200x1500_0.png

Last year when I was in Athens, I bought their Chubby stick shadow tint, in colour Lots O" Late. I enjoyed it all summer long. It costs 18.50 dollars

cl_sku_7NYF02_1200x1500_0.png

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki 

I am a little confused?  You were mentioning the Revlon eye color and I was asking you about it.  I did not see any post about Clinique eye shadow -- maybe I missed it??  Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

I recently purchased a Butter London serum eyeshadow in a taupe-y color, “Driftwood”. I’ve been using it alone for a sheer wash of color on my lids (and a bit of mascara).  It is so quick and easy, and I really like it for a subtle, natural look.

I had been using three colors (lid, crease, brow).  This just seems a better fit for me most days. 😃

Do any of you ladies use a single shadow on your eyes?  

@Swedishmiss  It's nice hearing how much you're enjoying the BL serum eye shadow. It really is a nice product. Did you receive the Buttercream? How do you like that shade? Is it suitable for your skin tone? And their lipsticks, were you pleased with your color selections and the lippies themselves? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I've used Perricones No Makes Up Make Up liguid eyeshadow product. Also treatment based. I like it. Extremely neutral and very natural looking on my aging eyes. I have his same bronzer and blush that can also be used on the lids for more depth and a light wash of color. Very, very little is needed. Very little! Lots of great reviews here on the Q too. Its currently on sale on Zulily and occasionally pops up on the morning show sales and Costco dot com.

Hope all is well with you.

Screenshot_20200626-160934_Chrome.jpg

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS   Yes, I really like Butter London 😊. Thank you so much for recommending.  The Driftwood is such a great shade.  

I like the Buttercream, but don’t think I will repurchase that shade.  It is very very light, but it has the same smoothing effect as the Driftwood.

I love the lipstick formula...it is just as nice as you described.  The shade I purchased is a little warmer than I usually wear, but when I mix it with another lipstick, I can get the really nice color that works perfectly.

I plan on trying more things from this line. 

I will take a look at the Perricone line...it sounds very interesting!

Respected Contributor

Marc Jacobs Omega gel powder eyeshadows, in any one of three matte colors that I own - Moment-O!; O-Mercy! or Daddi-O!.  These are great quality eyeshadows and you get a lot in each compact.

The best brush I have found for applying and blending perfectly as quickly as possible is the Morphe M173 chubby buffer brush.  It picks up product evenly and buffs very well.

I'll probably pick up two new colors soon, because I expect that Marc Jacobs, like so many other cosmetic companies, will be having a 4th of July sale.  I'd like to also have Ro!se and Smo!ke, and that will complete my Marc Jacobs collection.

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

@Swedishmiss  You sold me!  I just bought one at Amazon!  THANKS!  Woman Very Happy

@spent2much  I hope you love it!  I really enjoy using it - especially on my mature eyes.

Thanks so much for turning us on to this eyeshadow. I purchased two shades on Ulta (received it in two days) and just ordered three more shades. Subtle, matte lovely shades!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

Thanks for the feedback on the Buttercream serum shadow. I thought it looked very light in the pics on their site. If you recall, I also bought the Rose Petal. Much more tonal, in line with the Driftwood and not "pinky" at all, imo. I believe you'd like it too. If I want a bit of brightness or light I can use a lighter brightening pencil or concealer blended a bit under my eyebrows. That has always worked out nicely. Even a subtle line above the brow blended, looks good too. Softly accentuates the eyes. I saw that tip on utube and its worked very well for me. 

Was your red BL lippie to warm or was it the pink shade? Next time look at Thrilled. A soft cool mauve-y shade along the lines of "my lips but better" option that you may like for your fair coloring. I love how the lippies feel and wear. Do you?

There's another Co that makes a cream concealer that I like too. When I was checking the reviews on their site, I saw many were using as a shadow. There were dozens of shades for every skin tone. I have a couple. Ill have to get back with the name. Had my eyes dilated yesterday and they're still drunk-y and super strained. Its always been this way and those reversal drops are no longer offered after the exam. I'll get back to you on this..... 

Valued Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

Thanks so much for turning us on to this eyeshadow. I purchased two shades on Ulta (received it in two days) and just ordered three more shades. Subtle, matte lovely shades!

@mom2four0418   So glad you like it too!