Honored Contributor

ON MY WAY TO CHARLOTTE

[ Edited ]

I’m on my way to Neiman’s with 3 other makeup artists to meet a head artist there for a private preview of new makeup for fall...makeovers, try ons and samples included. 

She hinted that nudes and mauves seem to be continuing in popularity. Come on! Ready for something new!!!! What’s with all the rabbit eye pinks for eye shadows? Urban Decay recently came out w/ a palette of golden/yellow shadows. What are they thinking?

Anyway, there’s a box of Dunkin’ Donuts and a bag of Bruegger’s Bagels on the seat next to me and I have a lg. Starbuck’s Cappuccino. I’m all set for the trip and ready for a fun day. 

Honored Contributor

Other than cool shadow palettes, anyone want me to scout out anything special?

Super Contributor

@Shanus 

Please check out cool toned eye shadows that arent blue or purple-cool undertoned?

Also CT foundations for daily wear that arent yellow based. Am Celtic/Scots and have cool/pink undertones (think almost blue).

Even BB Cool Beige leaves me w/a too yellow face and contrasting neck.

Thanks for the heads up. btwe, I'm outside Wilmington.

Honored Contributor

I just want to hear that the "natural look" is back and three-inch false lashes, unnatural colors and Groucho Marx brows are out.

Eyes

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Shanus 

Please check out cool toned eye shadows that arent blue or purple-cool undertoned?

Also CT foundations for daily wear that arent yellow based. Am Celtic/Scots and have cool/pink undertones (think almost blue).

Even BB Cool Beige leaves me w/a too yellow face and contrasting neck.

Thanks for the heads up. btwe, I'm outside Wilmington.

@Maestra1   Grey tones for shadow would be great cool tones for you. Have you looked at Marc Jacobs Steelettos palette? I have that one and love it. 

Super Contributor

@Shanus  Where can I preview MJ Steeletto pallette? Nordies, Sephora, ?

We live in Hooterville b/c DH wanted 'coastal golfing'.  And the beach. Ugh, I do neither one.

Super Contributor

@just bee   agree!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus @I hope your day is the best.You seem to have made a great start with coffee,donuts and bagels...that alone would make my day complete.Then shopping in  Newman’s would make my life complete.I don’t wear makeup other than to cover stuff up but I will look forward to your recap.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Have fun.  When you are there, please take all the reddish color eye shadow off the shelves.  That is the most ugly color eye shadow ever.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’m on my way to Neiman’s with 3 other makeup artists to meet a head artist there for a private preview of new makeup for fall...makeovers, try ons and samples included. 

She hinted that nudes and mauves seem to be continuing in popularity. Come on! Ready for something new!!!! What’s with all the rabbit eye pinks for eye shadows? Urban Decay recently came out w/ a palette of golden/yellow shadows. What are they thinking?

Anyway, there’s a box of Dunkin’ Donuts and a bag of Bruegger’s Bagels on the seat next to me and I have a lg. Starbuck’s Cappuccino. I’m all set for the trip and ready for a fun day. 

It sounds like a wonderful day is ahead for you Shanus! I hope you get lots of great samples. I just wanted to wish you a day filled with fun and education. Best wishes!