Valued Contributor

Re: ON MY WAY TO CHARLOTTE

[ Edited ]

@just bee... I just about had to clean coffee off my computer screen!  Cracked me up.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Urban Decay recently came out w/ a palette of golden/yellow shadows. What are they thinking?

@Shanus ....sounds like a great time,  Another one here for the cool tones, and I thought the same thing when I got the email about that new palette!

i’m flying through Charlotte Sunday evening.  Will you be there (airport!)?

Respected Contributor

@Maestra1- If you live in Hooterville, I am at Petticoat Junction just down the road.  I am also outside of Wilmington, NC and find shopping here not much fun.  I do notice the Southern women do njoy their makeup though.  There is an Ulta in Mayfaire and I've been there once or twice, but for me to drive all the way into Wilmington for a few items, its just not worth it. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Other than cool shadow palettes, anyone want me to scout out anything special?

What a generous offer! I'm sorry I missed it yesterday!

My tastes in makeup are quite understated, and I really don't latch on to trends.

But you, @Shanus , are a sweetheart for offering!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus   Hope you have a great time!!

Super Contributor

@jellyBEAN  I'm lucky to get to Mayfaire 1-2x a year. Shopping here isnt an experience so I shop online, which can also be limiting.

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Shanus  Where can I preview MJ Steeletto pallette? Nordies, Sephora, ?

We live in Hooterville b/c DH wanted 'coastal golfing'.  And the beach. Ugh, I do neither one.

@Maestra1   Steeletto is at Sephora. 

Super Contributor

Hope you had a great time and I'm looking forward to any tips, tricks or advise on colors and your next post .  Let us know how the day went, how exciting.  

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I just want to hear that the "natural look" is back and three-inch false lashes, unnatural colors and Groucho Marx brows are out.

Eyes

@just bee   Sorry, if using most of the shadow palettes I saw, this how we’d look! Yuck!!

Honored Contributor

@Luv pets wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I’m on my way to Neiman’s with 3 other makeup artists to meet a head artist there for a private preview of new makeup for fall...makeovers, try ons and samples included. 

She hinted that nudes and mauves seem to be continuing in popularity. Come on! Ready for something new!!!! What’s with all the rabbit eye pinks for eye shadows? Urban Decay recently came out w/ a palette of golden/yellow shadows. What are they thinking?

Anyway, there’s a box of Dunkin’ Donuts and a bag of Bruegger’s Bagels on the seat next to me and I have a lg. Starbuck’s Cappuccino. I’m all set for the trip and ready for a fun day. 

It sounds like a wonderful day is ahead for you Shanus! I hope you get lots of great samples. I just wanted to wish you a day filled with fun and education. Best wishes!

@Luv pets   Thanks. It was fun and I received a canvas shopping bag w/ the signature butterfly loaded w/ samples! Will go through them when more awake.