Trusted Contributor

Dell1, remember how Leslie used to make politically ( financially) inappropriate statements like " so and so's before photo looks much better than their after" ? She was right too.  Whenever a liquid or cream-to-powder foundation was demonstrated I couldn't help but laugh.  

.Or when she pointed out that the vendors peddling this or that cream put their products on the backs of their hands , gently going back and forth in the stuff with their fingers ?  The serum would puddle up there until the vendor had to use slight of hand, wiping the gunk off with their palms , spreading it all the way up their arms Because the product didn't penetrate because of all the silicone and the slip agents ?

.Remember how fast each new color of eyeshadow sold out , how many collectors would demand more new shades? It was like a secret society.  (Well not so secret, I still can't bear to throw mine away.  They don't expire, they're rock and sand and soil for goodness sake.  LOL )

I miss is that kind of clean fun. She was one of the girls.  No egomania, no personality disorder, no preaching....

Honored Contributor

Dell1

If not "shady" then at least a little left of center.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Dell1 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I'll probably get reamed for this, but I always felt that Leslie was "shining us on" regarding BE.  I fell for a few items and they never worked out for me, I looked dry

and dirty so I stopped buying the products.  I got the same 'sense' yesterday while watching her.....  Woman Frustrated

Q4U, do you remember when Leslie would show liquid foundation on a piece of tissue paper or something similar?  And then do the bare minerals foundation on the same kind of paper and say how none of the chemicals were in the bare minerals choice.  But now they do have a liquid choice.  Yes I know she does not always represent the company anymore but thought that demonstration was always very shady.

Maybe I'm not understanding this, but how does that show anything about chemicals? And for that matter, I guess I never bought into the whole demonization of chemicals to begind with.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Jacque looked GORGEOUS!  I noticed it when they did a close up with the bronzer on.  She has an absolutely stunning face!!

I agree. She is gorgeous with the most beautiful skin and hair! I love the length of her hair now, it looks so gorgeous and thick and healthy.   

I met her at a beauty bash.   She is stunning!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"