Frequent Contributor

Re: OMG ~ Josie's Argan Oil - 6 oz. $109.00 +

Trusted Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Mama Deb said:

I tried it, and did not like it. Had to toss it.

Mine smelled funny and it was less than 9 months old. I refuse to spend that much money on something that doesn't do what I need it to do.

That's why I buy the filtered, odorless argan oil from Amazon at $20.00 for 4 oz. It retains all of the essential amino acids , phytonutirents and on and on....., it's filtered like our drinking water to remove impurities from ladies with unwashed hands cracking nuts and running the stuff through their hands and old cloth into old clay vessels to make the unrefined. If you enter what you want on Amazon you will find several varieties of whatever you want. I hate the smell of shea butter too so I order that filtered, odorless too, 5 lbs for $30.00. I doubt if there are many beauty products which don't have shea butter today. Same with cocoa butter an age old butter used for all sorts of body parts and appendages. Remember how so many people hated ojon because it smells like cocoa nuts? duh!

If I know something is really beneficial I will search for the form I can tolerate. I don't dismiss the whole category as useless. we used to have to stand in line to get our daily dose of cod liver oil. Only now do we know that cod liver oil as horrible as it tastes and smells kept us healthy in rough times. You can get it now without the smell or the taste or just the good parts of it like the omega 3 and 6 etc. Essential oils have kept women in good shape since the beginning of time. Some people act as though Josie invented argan oil. Its been bartered for in Morrocco since the days of the Arabian knights. Its called the beauty oil to this day. And , remember now you can get it filtered so it doesn't "stink" of ladies' hands and leaf and shell fragments and critter parts .

Esteemed Contributor

Is the shelf life two years after it's opened? That seems extensive for an oil because it does go rancid.

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 straitgirl said:

Is the shelf life two years after it's opened? That seems extensive for an oil because it does go rancid.

That's actually an excellent question. I just did some extensive googling, and from what I've been able to glean, argan oil remains good and effective for 24 months from the time of extraction. You have to hope that you're receiving a fairly fresh bottle. It is rich in Vitamin E, which is a natural preservative. Do keep it in a dark, cool place.

It's really not the best idea to stock up or, IMO, to supersize (unless you're using huge amounts of it).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 twopeas said:
On 10/11/2014 dperry said:
On 10/11/2014 twopeas said:

I have some of Josie's Argan oil, but the last two times I've ordered Argan, I've gotten 4 oz of Essential Argan Oil from Amazon for $19.95. No s/h and no tax. The ingredients and description reads exactly the same as Josie's.

me too two peas. Why is Josies so expensive?

Probably marketing costs coupled with her name. I just cannot believe that the ingredients are that much better than some other brands. I would like to try her body butter, but it's so expensive, too. I usually mix a little Argan Oil in my lotions. I love Josie, though. She's beautiful and so very sweet. Humble, too, IMO.

I think Josie's is so expensive because she is a celebrity. Her product may be very good, but plant oil is not worth $109.00 for 6ozs.

Can you imagine if other oil was priced accordingly{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Contributor

and I find it very greasy

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/12/2014 traveller1 said:

and I find it very greasy

You may be using too much. Just a dab'll do ya'.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

Josie's is no different than Essential Argon Oil/Amazon! $20 versus $100 plus. Josie is rolling all the way to the bank.

Super Contributor

Considering the fact its the first pressing with no heat added, certified organic 100% and only grows in one place in the entire world and will only ever grow in one place in the entire world. Women's Co-ops find work and provide for their families, its all fair trade and done in a environmentally safe way. The Argan forests are worked and repopulated regularly with more trees and is now a regular and stable industry, I think its exceedingly reasonable!

Contributor

greasy