Honored Contributor

Re: OMG ~ Josie's Argan Oil - 6 oz. $109.00 +

Shea Terra Organics argan oil is $24 for a 2-ounce bottle with a pump dispenser.

It is organic, UNREFINED, cold-pressed and fair trade. And as Harpa indicated, argan oil has a two-year shelf life.

Personally, unless I were going to bathe in it, I would not supersize. I've been working on my 2-ounce bottle for months now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/11/2014 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

If anyone knows a Company that manufactures a LIGHT argan oil, can you please post it

I much prefer the LIGHT over regular

Thank you Smiley Happy

Amazon has some. Put Light Argan Oil in the search engine.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

I love sheaterraorganics argan oil. I have used it for a couple of years. Its 100% organic cold pressed. The price is very good and their CS is awesome. They offer 30% off at least 3 or 4 times a year. I called once when they were not offering the 30% and the gave it to me anyway.

Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

I love sheaterraorganics argan oil. I have used it for a couple of years. Its 100% organic cold pressed. The price is very good and their CS is awesome. They offer 30% off at least 3 or 4 times a year. I called once when they were not offering the 30% and the gave it to me anyway.

Thank you for mentioning the promo code that is almost always available. If I recall, they have a new one for 30 percent off each month, but there are maybe four or five days after one expires and another one is issued. I would get them usually from retailmenot.com.

Besides such high-quality oils and other products, I really like the company's dedication to helping the women in Africa and to the preservation of wildlife habitats.

ETA the "and"

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 10/11/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

Thank you for mentioning the promo code that is almost always available. If I recall, they have a new one for 30 percent off each month, but there are maybe four or five days after one expires and another one is issued. I would get them usually from retailmenot.com.

Besides such high-quality oils and other products, I really like the company's dedication to helping the women in Africa to the preservation of wildlife habitats.

I just used OCT2014 for 30% discount. The 2oz Argan oil was $16.80.

Super Contributor

I tried it, and did not like it. Had to toss it.

Mine smelled funny and it was less than 9 months old. I refuse to spend that much money on something that doesn't do what I need it to do.

Honored Contributor

I like Argan oil too, but if they keep inflating the cost, I'll be finding it elsewhere. They can tell me all that want to that hers is different, but the way things are going, I guess I'll have to find out for myself!!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

On 10/11/2014 twopeas said:

I have some of Josie's Argan oil, but the last two times I've ordered Argan, I've gotten 4 oz of Essential Argan Oil from Amazon for $19.95. No s/h and no tax. The ingredients and description reads exactly the same as Josie's.

me too two peas. Why is Josies so expensive?

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/11/2014 dperry said:
On 10/11/2014 twopeas said:

I have some of Josie's Argan oil, but the last two times I've ordered Argan, I've gotten 4 oz of Essential Argan Oil from Amazon for $19.95. No s/h and no tax. The ingredients and description reads exactly the same as Josie's.

me too two peas. Why is Josies so expensive?

Probably marketing costs coupled with her name. I just cannot believe that the ingredients are that much better than some other brands. I would like to try her body butter, but it's so expensive, too. I usually mix a little Argan Oil in my lotions. I love Josie, though. She's beautiful and so very sweet. Humble, too, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Shea Terra Organics argan oil is $24 for a 2-ounce bottle with a pump dispenser.

It is organic, UNREFINED, cold-pressed and fair trade. And as Harpa indicated, argan oil has a two-year shelf life.

Personally, unless I were going to bathe in it, I would not supersize. I've been working on my 2-ounce bottle for months now.

I like JM's products, just think this particular 6 oz. for the price is way too high and I'm not --- (nevermind).

I use Shea Terra argan oil and can't tell the difference between the two and it's much less expensive.