Respected Contributor

Re: OMG ~ Josie's Argan Oil - 6 oz. $109.00 +

I tried a couple of other pure argan oil lines from my local health food store long before I tried Josie's products. I have to give Josie credit for bringing argan oil to my attention but I thought her prices were steep. Long story short I did not enjoy using the other lines - they felt thick on my skin, didn't absorb quickly and had a smell to them that was not terrible but not enjoyable either.

I got one of those tiny bottles of Josie's argan in a kit and have never looked back. It absorbs well, makes my skin look and feel great and there is no scent.

I don't think I would go in for that huge $109 bottle though because I would have concerns that I couldn't use it fast enough. I use it only for facial moisturizing and mascara removal. For those who use it all over, it is probably a good deal.

p.s. I tried Adrienne's argan line as well -- and while it was fine, it is not the same pure product.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/11/2014 kathoderay said:
On 10/11/2014 Krimpette said:

Dumb question: Is there a shelf life on argan oil, or does it last indefinitely? Thanks.

I was just going to ask the same. There's no preservatives in the oil, so what keeps it from going rancid?

Before switching to Essentials, I had ordered a twofer from Josie's site. I put one in the refrigerator. My other one and now the Essentials has remained on my shelf while in use and it is the same freshness as when new. BTW, the one that I put in the refrigerator changed color and consistency, but when it returned to room temperature, it was like it was when I received it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/11/2014 fthunt said:

Thanks to TWOPEAS I just ordered what you posted about and Amazon notified its been shipped - should get it next week. I've never bought JM's A Oil cuz the price is too high. Hope I like the Essential and thanks to you gals who tell us about products/and deals. $19 with no S/H and NO TAX fits my budget.

You will be satisfied. I have both, as I said, and if I put a few drops of each on the back of my hand, you would never be able to tell which is which. They are exact. Remember that less is more when applying to your face. I put a few drops on the back of my hand, then tap my finger in and apply. If you use too much it will feel greasy as with most any product, I would suppose.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

i LOVE Argan Oil & have a 4oz bottle of the LIGHT......... it lasts a LONG time for me. I either apply over serums OR mix into my serums

right NOW I am slathering it on because a did a 30% TCA peel and I am STIFF, SUPER dry waiting to START peeling

Afterwards while healing I will use that with the Argan Milk

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Respected Contributor

My brand is 2 oz. for $5.49--cococare at drugstore online and I love it.

Valued Contributor

I would never spend $109 on it. I am on AD for her TSV with the SPF, color stick and Argan Oil, I'm not sure I am going to keep it on AD. I like the Hope in a Jar for body by Philosophy better.

Esteemed Contributor

Dumb question: Is there a shelf life on argan oil, or does it last indefinitely? Thanks.

I was just going to ask the same. There's no preservatives in the oil, so what keeps it from going rancid?

Two year shelf life. Store away from heat. Yes, any oil will go rancid, so use up your stash. The only oil I get in a larger than 1 or 2 oz. size is coconut because I use it generously on my hair/scalp before washing.

Regular Contributor

If anyone knows a Company that manufactures a LIGHT argan oil, can you please post it

I much prefer the LIGHT over regular

Thank you Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Harpa said:

Two year shelf life. Store away from heat. Yes, any oil will go rancid, so use up your stash. The only oil I get in a larger than 1 or 2 oz. size is coconut because I use it generously on my hair/scalp before washing.

Thanks for the reply Harpa! I found the FDA recommendation of 24 months shelf life online after I posted my question. I use coconut oil on my dog's belly and areas where his skin is exposed to help with his dry skin issues in doing this I discovered I no longer have to use monthly expensive chemical treatments since coconut oil repels the fleas naturally, plus he loves his belly rubbed! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Harpa said:

Thanks for the reply Harpa! I found the FDA recommendation of 24 months shelf life online after I posted my question. I use coconut oil on my dog's belly and areas where his skin is exposed to help with his dry skin issues in doing this I discovered I no longer have to use monthly expensive chemical treatments since coconut oil repels the fleas naturally, plus he loves his belly rubbed! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh, that's neat! I bet they have a hard time latching on! Smiley Happy