Honored Contributor

Re: OMG, I just Realized Kathy Lee Gifford

@~k~ wrote:

@Shanus this is the attitude we should all have of ourselves at this point in our lives.  I look at myself in the mirror, it may not be how I used to look, but I am not the woman I used to be. I will be 70 my next birthday and I own my face, my body, and the soul I have acquired.  I don't have wrinkles, but the firmness is not there, and I am wholly accepting of that. Lift each other up.  We made it this far.  

@~k~   ❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree. Makeup and skin care is as far as I'm going with this aging thing. Even then I'm always looking for bargains on what I like. Nothing wrong with a face that has little "history" behind it.  Also, I believe Kathie Lee's net worth is 60 million. Mine isn't! 

Who knows what I would do with that much money??  I don't think you really would know till you had it but I would like to think I would accept age as it comes. I do think we put far too much importance on looks in this country.  With that said, I do like Kathie Lee.

Honored Contributor

While skincare may not rewind the clock, it can make a big difference, at least to our own eyes which is really all that matters.  Like when you feel better and more confident when you have a good hair day, the same can be said for a good face day.  If skincare products can give me a better face day, which they have done, then I plan to continue using them.  Other people probably don't notice the difference at all.  

Many of us here also use devices, I believe even you @Shanus.  I seem to remember you mentioning using a NuFace recently.  If that works to give you a better face day, more power to you.  I use a Hairmax to fight thinning hair and am giving the red light therapy a try as that is something I think I can work into my lifestyle.  

Yes, I fret over losing my good skin.  But, there are also limits to what I will do to fight the sagging.  I'm quite comfortable going out in public with no makeup whatsoever even knowing that I might run into the people who I know will also see me in my made up state.  I just figure they'll say to themselve "She cleans up nice".  

Honored Contributor

I saw her last night on ET and she was showing off her new grandson, they named him after Frank.  She looked great.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle 

I understand.

I will be 72 on October 31 (yes, Halloween baby), and I'm wondering how those years have passed so quickly.

I've taken care of myself.  Maintained a healthy diet and taken care of my skin and body as best I could.  Thanks to all that and good genetics, I have few wrinkles.  But I'm not going to pass for a young woman.

I try to maintain a positive attitude and be thankful for the time I've been given.

It's fun to be young and pretty, but it's a gift to be this age and holding steady Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

age 69... I think she looks good. Neck looks better than most 69 year olds.Pre-GRAMMY Gala and GRAMMY Salute to Industry Icons Honoring Sean "Diddy" Combs - Arrivals

Honored Contributor

It's strange, but I do know a couple of good friends that just don't have lines on their skin. One has fair-medium skin and she did sit in the sun back in the 70's, but not much. Her skin looks so young and vibrant. She just uses one cream. She is my closest friend and we share just about everything with each other. She will be 67 next month. She does not wear any foundation or skin tint and does not uses a daily sunscreen but does use a sunscreen if she's sitting by the pool. The only makeup she wears, when unmasked, is lipstick.

My other friend is relatively new. I've only known her five years. She is part Native American and has dark skin. She continues to sit in direct sun and to tan. Her skin looks like there are no wrinkles. She could get fillers...I don't know. We're not best friends. She will be 65 next month. I don't know her skin care routine. She wears a face cream, uses an Estée Lauder serum for the eye area and uses a blush and highlighter. She has a naturally tan look everyday. She does not use a self tanner.

Honored Contributor

I never said she didn't look good.  I just commented that I thought she was older than she actually was and that perception might not be due only to wrinkles or the lack thereof.  

However, the one thing I did comment on was the dichotomy between her face and her neck.  This is a screenshot from the interview that I was watching.

KLG.jpg

Honored Contributor

One thing I don't see mentioned very often is the change from regular TV & film cameras to High Def .... now, every single little freckle is shown up close, almost like a microscope.

While it wouldn't "fool" anyone, a lot of newscasters, actors and whatnot would be a lot more "normal" looking with even just the slightest of filters.  Not everyone has perfect skin, and I really don't need to see peoples' wrinkles and moles up close.  

The cameras have contributed to the paranoia and excessive plastic surgery.  Save the High Def for the beautiful David Attenborough documentaries where we see baby chicks in the nest

That's JMO, of course.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   No offense to those who use Nu Face, but it was not me. I've never owned one.