Honored Contributor

OMG, I just Realized Kathy Lee Gifford

is only 5 years only than me.  I thought she was somewhere in her 70's.  That makes me feel old.  She has really nice skin, better than mine (no lines), but I saw an interview with her the other day where she joked about how much she paid for it, so she has at least had some procedures done if not plastic surgery.  However, plastic surgery doesn't give you plump skin.  Her neck on the other hand looks like a 90 year old's.  

She's now doing commercials for Balance of Nature (the freeze dried fruit & veggie supplements).  She's also been writing a bunch of books and directed a movie that is coming out for one day only called The Way, I think.  

Respected Contributor

Re: OMG, I just Realized Kathy Lee Gifford

@Icegoddess wrote:

is only 5 years only than me.  I thought she was somewhere in her 70's.  That makes me feel old.  She has really nice skin, better than mine (no lines), but I saw an interview with her the other day where she joked about how much she paid for it, so she has at least had some procedures done if not plastic surgery.  However, plastic surgery doesn't give you plump skin.  Her neck on the other hand looks like a 90 year old's.  

She's now doing commercials for Balance of Nature (the freeze dried fruit & veggie supplements).  She's also been writing a bunch of books and directed a movie that is coming out for one day only called The Way, I think.  

Really miss the old Kathy Lee and Regis show at 9am.  Sadly once she left and Regis retired the show became unwatchable. 

Valued Contributor

Everything on her is store bought.....so much plastic surgery...and for some reason, it appears that anyone that gets so much plastic surgery always has a horrible looking neck which really tells and shows their age, apparently there is no surgery for the neck....LOL  all of this is my opinion.

Honored Contributor

When I look at people my age, many of them look a lot older than me. I don't know if that's b/c I look young for my age or if it's b/c they look old for their age. Probably a combination of both.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is such a thing as neck rejuvention which is done by a plastic surgeon.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

When I look at people my age, many of them look a lot older than me. I don't know if that's b/c I look young for my age or if it's b/c they look old for their age. Probably a combination of both.

@SilleeMee 

I've never been very good at estimating someone's age,  so the "Looks good for her age" thing  ... 

For her age?   Seriously?   

Just me, but I always thought that seemed more like an insult than a compliment.

How about just plain  ... "Gee, you look great .... "   and leave it at that?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Exactly @Tinkrbl44 .

What does a 70yo person supposed to look like anyway? 

Find it in the section where you see self-help books and such titled:  'Guide to How to Look Your Age'...under contents, Age 70, page 6.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Exactly @Tinkrbl44 .

What does a 70yo person supposed to look like anyway? 

Find it in the section where you see self-help books and such titled:  'Guide to How to Look Your Age'...under contents, Age 70, page 6.

@SilleeMee 

I always thought it was such a stupid saying ... lol

Honored Contributor

To tell you the truth, I don't know why I thought she was so much older.  Maybe because of her husband who was considerably older.  I've never been one to be able to guess someone's age either.  And sometimes people just come across as older.  I used to skate with a lady like that.  Even my coach said the same thing.  

Honored Contributor

She and I are the same age. As of a few years ago she admitted to not having any work done. But she does have fantastic skin. 

"Pure Michigan"