Trusted Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 

Thank you for this genius hack on how to cut the Beekman soap bars in half! Fantastic!!! How did you ever think to put them in the microwave?? i would have been afraid they would explode or combust! Woman Very Happy

I love your hack because if you have ever dropped the big bars on your toes, you will see stars. They are incredibly heavy! 

I am trying your excellent tip this weekend - thanks Ms. Illinois! 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus 

You are so very welcome! So many great replies and recommendations on this thread. I always love commenting on your threads because you take the time to acknowledge what people write, and you comment on their posts, or heart them or build on their comments, or disagree with them and make your own case thoughfully and persuasively. Absolute flawless QVC Board Ettiquette, Ms. Shanus! Heart

I love how both Beekmans tuck the feet of the goats underneath them when they hold them. I now think I know how to handle a goat based on watching them. Also, the goats seem to hop, which is something I didn't know goats do.

I am going to try the Melt and Cut hack from @IlliniGirl88 !

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! BEEKMAN SOAP!!!

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3   Awwwh. You made me blush and that's not easy. I appreciate all your compliments. I've always felt if someone takes the time to "mention" me, I should acknowledge that. Sometimes, I do slip up and miss a few. Thanks for your kind words. A ❤️ back to you. 

Have you ever heard of "Goat Yoga"? They're so gentle and can be trained to interact, stand on your back for a real stretch (only the smaller goats) during kneeling poses & I giggled all through class. It's just the cutest thing ever. 

Super Contributor

Most commercial soaps are actually detergents full of sulfates and other things that are damaging to the skin and the environment. Then there are the fillers that are just horrible things used for color or thickening. Of course it is all about making money. People tend to go for the scent and the color rather then what is good for your skin. These big corporations that now own most of this country do not care about people or the environment. It's all about the bottom line. They could make things naturally and be considerate of the environment and of people's health but they don't.

Beekman's make  pretty good stuff. There are other smaller companies that make really good stuff as well. Sadly, these really successful companies usually end up getting bought out by a big corporation and the product quality goes to ******.

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal- I would order the smaller size to travel with.  I usally take my Beekman when I travel too.

Honored Contributor

I am surprised that you had never tried it ,lots post on their products for ever, and you never tried it?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 

Thank you for this genius hack on how to cut the Beekman soap bars in half! Fantastic!!! How did you ever think to put them in the microwave?? i would have been afraid they would explode or combust! Woman Very Happy

I love your hack because if you have ever dropped the big bars on your toes, you will see stars. They are incredibly heavy! 

I am trying your excellent tip this weekend - thanks Ms. Illinois! 

@MarnieRez3  - You are too kind!  I'd love to take all the credit, but honestly, I found a video on YouTube.  I'd heard that you could cut the bars of soap, but wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before wielding a large butcher knife.  LOL!  I'm very happy to have passed along the tip.Heart

Wanted to also add that I just purchased Beekman's Bye Bye Bugs soap.  There are 5 smaller soaps in a box and they have a nice citronella scent.  I'm a mosquito magnet and don't like using bug spray.  So far, these have worked great.  You can use them in the shower, or use them dry and wipe them on your clothing.  I lightly moisten them and rub them on my skin, when I know I'm going out in the yard for any length of time.  I haven't used them to bathe with.  I hope Josh and Brent make a plush stuffed animal goat.  I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   OMG ... you just made me smile....  you are so funny.  We've been using their soap for YEARS.  I've used a lot of their products, but the soap is the best.  The others are just okay, IMO.  If you like the Fresh Air, which is one of my favorites too, you'll probably like the White Water as well.   ENJOY...  great soap and lasts FOREVER. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Shanus 

Oops, I made a mistake when I mentioned Goat Milk Soap in my previous reply. My sister purchased product from Goat Milk Stuff dot com and thats what I'd tried. When @BornToShop mentioned how much she loves their soaps, I had an aha moment and went over to their site. I recognized many of the scents sis had purchased. There's 3 pages of 5 star rated fragrances to choose from. If you can believe it, the soap is much creamier than Beekmans, so moisturizing. They also have a large selection of products to peruse. Sis had purchased some very nicely priced holiday gift bags also. 

No disrespect to the Goat Soap Co. I just wanted to clarify my error. These two family owned and operated companies have been very favorably mentioned on this board for years. ♡♡♡

@rochelleS 

Well, thanks for tempting me to try this!  I'm loading up my cart. Woman Tongue

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! BEEKMAN SOAP!!!

[ Edited ]

I will preface that I have eczema and many things I purchase or will not purchase again is bc of it. Price doesn't come into play when your skin is hurting and bleeding. I only say that bc many will poo poo the idea of spending so much on a bar of soap. I have used their soap for several years and while the soap is great, I do NOT love all their scents. Would love if they offer a variety pack all the time. I did receive one back on the other channel.

This is what works for me - 

Hand cream - NO, not mositurizing enough

Body cream - YES very moisturizing

Stick of Butter - YES a swipe on my lips and trouble spots feel great in the winter

Wipes - may not be the strongest to remove makeup easily - but great for freshening up in hot weather

one bar does last a long long time - enjoy.    🐐