Honored Contributor

OLD DOG LEARNS SOMETHING NEW

I saw Mally presenting a Starfruit Concealer and my first reaction was "what?!?!". I did a little research and the starfruit has been used in cosmetics because it's rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. 

Respected Contributor

Re: OLD DOG LEARNS SOMETHING NEW

It's funny how my brain reads things sometimes.  When I read your heading I thought you were going to tell us of a new trick your dog learned.  But, since it's on the beauty forum I should have know better.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winkk   lol 😆   There are so many gimmicks used to sell cosmetics/skincare, I'm always skeptical.

Honored Contributor

Probably better when the fresh fruit is used on the skin, for example in a fresh puree mask. I wouldn't count on any fruit  active ingredients found in a cosmetic to be of any value. It's a sales ploy to get you to buy it.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Probably better when the fresh fruit is used on the skin, for example in a fresh puree mask. I wouldn't count on any fruit  active ingredients found in a cosmetic to be of any value. It's a sales ploy to get you to buy it.Woman Wink

@SilleeMee   I know, but at least it wasn't total BS. 

Respected Contributor

Zia used to make a papaya mask that was close to freshly mashed papaya. It had a short shelf life.  It was so gentle I could use it every day.  My skin loved it.

Then there was a shakeup in the company, and the mask was reformulated to have a longer expiration date. That changed the product completely. It was the same in name only.

I have never been able to find a replacement. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never tried any Mally products because she is the only vendor that has me reaching for my remote at warp speed.  But I don't doubt that she knows her products well.  And like another poster, I thought this thread had something to do with dogs!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
New Contributor

I also loved the Zia Papaya Mask for many years!  I hate when they discontinue things!

Honored Contributor

In cosmetics they are always coming out with something new.  It doesn't matter if works or not -- it's new!

kindness is strength