Honored Contributor

OLD BEAUTY MERCHANDISE RECEIVED

The brand shall go unmentioned, but my first order arrived last week. I always check dates on skincare and cosmetics. The bottom of the jar said “manufactured 03/2015”! 

You our can bet your a*s that CS got a call. They apologized & said another order will be sent out, no charge & she will personally check the date on the product. UPS delivered the 2nd package at 4PM and guess what? Also manufactured in 2015. 

CS said this time there must be “an issue in the shipping department”. Ya think? I told her I have doubts about ever ordering makeup, skincare or anything perishable. OMG. What about the food, toothpastes, vitamins, etc.?

Please check the dates on all products you receive....Who would have thought?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OLD BEAUTY MERCHANDISE RECEIVED

That's why I stopped using Wen.  Appears you're safe on a new fragrance, but if not, forget it.  This happened to me when purchasing a tsv a while back.  Now I'm aware of the practice, and like you, check the dates.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

That's why I stopped using Wen.  Appears you're safe on a new fragrance, but if not, forget it.  This happened to me when purchasing a tsv a while back.  Now I'm aware of the practice, and like you, check the dates.

@eddyandme  Was the WEN 3 yrs. old?

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme  Was the WEN 3 yrs. old?

I had gotten two tsv's totalling four bottles.  It seemed to be a really good tsv - guess, too good to be true.  Think the regulars were that old - cannot remember exactly.  The seasonals were within the current 6mos to year.  

Customer Service was very good at taking it back.  Some poster(s) said the product was fine even being 3yrs old.  I figure, let him use up the old product in his salon!  Or, at least, tell people some product may be so many years old.  So, it's a buyer beware situation when purchasing product here, imho.

Honored Contributor

Been using Wen for 7 years.  Never checked the date.  Never had a bad hair day since.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus      never mind.  please ignore.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus was this something from QVC ?

@San Antonio Gal I'm the same with WEN.  It's not like it's sunscreen or has active ingredients that might break down.  Heck I have a 3year opened 613 gallon I'm using and it's fine.  I've seen drugstore shampoo, dishwashing detergent, laundry soap etc that's s couple years old on the shelf.  I don't believe a cleansing product that doesn't have oils is going to go bad.  I totally respect someone though who is not comfortable with that though.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Shanus was this something from QVC ?

@San Antonio Gal I'm the same with WEN.  It's not like it's sunscreen or has active ingredients that might break down.  Heck I have a 3year opened 613 gallon I'm using and it's fine.  I've seen drugstore shampoo, dishwashing detergent, laundry soap etc that's s couple years old on the shelf.  I don't believe a cleansing product that doesn't have oils is going to go bad.  I totally respect someone though who is not comfortable with that though.

@Suebdoo  Yes. The product sets were from QVC and they’re considered “old merchandise” according to CS, so I take her word for it along w/ my background in makeup/skincare. 

From the time most products are opened (except mascara which we know is 3 months), they have a 1 year shelf life. The oils and active ingredients either break down or become rancid. If your unopened products were kept in a warm place like a warehouse, steamy bathroom or in your purse in the car...that process can begin before the jars are open. Vit. C and most serums w/ active ingredients that can easily break down when exposed to light, are put in dark bottles for that reason. 

Receiving products that were unopened or not and manufactured 3 years ago before shipping, is not an acceptable practice. Customer Service (& I) will be taking this matter to corporate levels.

Valued Contributor

I just received my two bottles of WEN and the manufactured date is over 2 years old...not happy! These two are back ups and won't be used for another several months so I certainly don't want a product that is over two years old already. I wouldn't accept this with any brand or canned food so I certainly am not okay with it, even though they say shelf life is 2 years or more if unopened. Sorry but not cool. I've reached out to CS so we will see what they say. 

Honored Contributor

Obviously Wen stock has backed up in the warehouse because of decreased sales over the lawsuit issue.  Perhaps QVC should consider selling off this old stock to someone like TJ Maxx that deals in distressed merchandise.  I'm betting they won't, they have already lost a ton on Wen.  They are figuring the small percentage of complainers can be absorbed.  I once had an issue with Perricone Peptide Cream going bad, returned it, got another one with the same date that also proceeded to "go bad." Never bought anymore Perricone.  .