Respected Contributor

Re: OK I need a good retinol day moisturizer with sun screen for the face including eye area

[ Edited ]

Another vote for ROC - I use the eye cream, serum, and day moisturizer all with retinol.  Very happy with the products and price.  

They make a night cream with retinol also.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OK I need a good retinol day moisturizer with sun screen for the face including eye area

Actually, my derm told me to quit using expensive stuff and buy ROC Retinol.  She's told me more than once that ROC is the best you can buy at any price.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@plmokn wrote:

Great article !  Ok I'm convinced no day time retinol for me.  Now, to find s night time one and a good sun screen.  Suggestions? Thanks for reply.

A good sunscreen is one that you will actually use.  A minimum SPF of 30 is usually recommended but recently there has been some debate about that not being enough because most people do not apply enough of it to get the proper amount of UV protection. Rule of thumb is ONE TEASPOON PER BODY PART.  Face, neck and dec is considered one part. Sometimes the amount can feel tacky or sticky. My favorite thing to do is apply it then wait about 2 to 3 minutes then blot, do not wipe, with a tissue or blotter paper. That will help reduce some of the shine and sticky feel. Apply makeup as usual afterwards. @plmokn

Honored Contributor

@plmokn- Have you considered going the Retin A (Tretinoin) route?  Many ladies here have been using for years.  If so, can you get a script from your doc?  If not, you can order from All Day Chemist online. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@plmokn- Have you considered going the Retin A (Tretinoin) route?  Many ladies here have been using for years.  If so, can you get a script from your doc?  If not, you can order from All Day Chemist online. 

@San Antonio Gal  ITA. Retinol’s are buffered and generally not strong enough to achieve the positive effects from Retin A. 

Super Contributor

I am starting out with the Neutrogena brand for now...got the night and day stuff today.

Frequent Contributor

I know this will sound like a broken record but really, don't use retinol during the day.  While it is a miracle product there are downsides and causing sun damage is one of them.

May I suggest you use a retinol product during the night and a Vitamin C product during the day.  I believe Vitamin C serums are just as much of a miracle product as retinol and they work really well with SPF.  The firm skin, improve elasticity, help to fight hyperpigmentation.  

Just my 2 cents.