Honored Contributor

Re: OH MY! BEAUTY AWARDS COMING UP

@Shanus Aren't nearly all awards based on sales somehow?  I doubt many vote for beauty products they don't buy

It's not something I pay much attention to -  I've never looked to see the "candidates"  and I don't believe I ever tried a product because it won an award.

But does it matter?  I think so -  I base that on knowing that the awards seem to be a discussion topic here on the Forums year after year.  That means they get someone's attention -  and I haven't ever read that attention in and of itself can be important.

Esteemed Contributor

Could be awarded on who still has a year left on their contract.  

Honored Contributor

Watched 20 minutes of show this morning. Same old stuff. It was Friday Night Beauty on Sat. night.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was a bit strange that Jamie had the TSV yesterday, but yet she lost in all the categories she was nominated for, including the product that was the TSV. 

Honored Contributor

Jane T. thinks it's real!Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I don't watch--most of the stuff are things I have never bought or used or are even interesting to me. Is there an award for HYPE---as there is alot of that with this beauty racket. I use the tried and true things on my skin that have and are, still doing good things-----

Frequent Contributor

@Shebelle I thought that was odd too! I thought it was a given that the highlighted product of the day would win 🤷🏼‍♀️
Honored Contributor

I voted once many years ago & I never have done it since.  It does seem the same brands & products win every year. 🤔 

I tried beauty brands from the Q & lots of other places in the past. I don’t care how many awards a product has. Instead, I check ingredients and read reviews before trying something new, but it still might not work out for me. That’s the reality of skin care. 

Honored Contributor

@MeriH  @Shelbelle   I don't assume anything with Q. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

To me it seems the whole point of any awards show is to simply get the title 'Award Winning' in an attempt to generate more sales. Customers want to believe that they are buying something of 'worth' b/c it's in the title regardless of the actual quality or value of the products themselves. Awards attached to name brands is just a sales ploy. How the votes are counted has always been mystifying to me.

@SilleeMee I wonder this all the time when magazines like Allure have their 'best of beauty' type awards.  How many products did they actually try? Did the results depend on advertising dollars?  I don't trust those either.