Honored Contributor

Re: O/T just paid off my Q card and closed my account

BTW, in the wake of my husband's identity theft, I would like to pass on one bit of info. Many of you probably know this, but this is for those that don't. You can opt out for 3 years of any inquiries on your credit report. Just call one of the 3 credit bureau's. Or mail a form in. It is easy. It is amazing the number of inquiries (we had over 70 last year) for home loans, loans, cars, etc companies can access.. Just about anyone can access your report! They do this to send you pre approved offers. I am amazed at the reduction of junk mail this has prevented. It doesn't stop your currant opened cards or mortgage company from checking your credit, but stops everyone else! We also locked our account.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/5/2014 GoodStuff said:
On 5/5/2014 4doggies said:

Reply is for SoonerSusie, I think there are a lot of women who read this forum and don't shop at the Q. Reason: I've read about a lot of great products here that I can always find cheaper somewhere else, I've learned some great makeup tips, many reasons.

I'd be curious to know how many women read the forum but don't shop here--I bet it's quite a few.

It's my impression that a fair number of non- or seldom- QVC shoppers post here, including moi. It's a fun and interesting place to exchange ideas and opinions with people who are interested in shopping, fashion, various kinds of products, good value, financial issues, home decor, personal and family topics, and more. These forums deal with much more than QVC shopping.

Exactly!

This subject has come up many times before. There are lots of us who enjoy the forums, but don't buy from QVC. It's been years since I've bought anything. The forums are about much more than the shows, hosts, products, and all of that.

I closed my QVC account years ago and don't miss it at all. There are much better values and far better customer service elsewhere. Kiss

Super Contributor

On 5/6/2014 shoekitty said:

BTW, in the wake of my husband's identity theft, I would like to pass on one bit of info. Many of you probably know this, but this is for those that don't. You can opt out for 3 years of any inquiries on your credit report. Just call the credit company. Or mail a form in. It is easy. It is amazing the number of inquiries (we had over 70 last year) for home loans, loans, cars, etc companies can access.. Just about anyone can access your report! They do this to send you pre approved offers. I am amazed at the reduction of junk mail this has stopped. It doesn't stop your currant opened cards or mortgage company from checking your credit, but stops everyone else! We also locked our account.

Wow, I did not know that or even think about it. Great info!

Honored Contributor

dp

Frequent Contributor

Yeah !!!!! That is a great feeling.