Re: O/T, car insurance, who do you use?

Usaa for military
Honored Contributor

AMICA for everything.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/29/2014 tigriss said:

ESurance It is an Allstate company. It is super easy to manage online and chat with the people. I don't have to go into the office because I'm never in town to visit my Farm Bureau agent anymore. I can chat online with them or call. I can print my own cards, pay online, manage claims (I've not had any, THANK GOD), or adjust my auto payment. But I do a great deal of things online since I live in a rural area, so it is the best way to shop out services to save money and time for me.

Just wondering...what is the difference between Allstate insurance and Esurance insurance. Allstate fees just keep going up and up and I wonder if they are worth the expense??

Honored Contributor

State Farm.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Our agent also had us with Travelers for last several years for home and auto, we had prefect records, and they just kept raising us. I told my agent last renewal time if he did not change us we would be finding our own insurance. He signed us up with Cincinnatti , top rated, we are now saving over $800 annually.

Super Contributor

AAA
Respected Contributor

On 3/29/2014 corita said:
On 3/29/2014 tigriss said:

ESurance It is an Allstate company. It is super easy to manage online and chat with the people. I don't have to go into the office because I'm never in town to visit my Farm Bureau agent anymore. I can chat online with them or call. I can print my own cards, pay online, manage claims (I've not had any, THANK GOD), or adjust my auto payment. But I do a great deal of things online since I live in a rural area, so it is the best way to shop out services to save money and time for me.

Just wondering...what is the difference between Allstate insurance and Esurance insurance. Allstate fees just keep going up and up and I wonder if they are worth the expense??

The difference is I don't have to pay an agent with an office and the company saves tons of money right there. You basically do everything through a call center of US people. They get an hourly wage versus hourly plus commission like brick and mortar stores do. Geico can operate this way as well. I work out of town and either have to do things online or by mail or take a day off to take care of 9-5 business in the town where my services are. I opt for the much easier and less frustration of mail/online payments and the like. I pay my services online either with their site or through my online banking. The only things I don't do online are grocery shopping and health care services. I can get groceries in the town I work in, along with haircuts and things, but my pharmacy is CVS in town. The town I work in is even smaller than where I live, so shopping is limited. The UPS man and Amazon are my friends for most things since they are either cheaper or the price difference more than makes up for trekking into town to deal with the crowds or to find out it isn't in stock no matter how many times I double check stock in store online at places like WalMart. If I can find it when I get there. I do prefer to shop early Sunday morning before church or bite the bullet and go to town after work and get home quite late.

Regular Contributor

Like others, State Farm...for everything.

Honored Contributor

Ameriprise. Several years ago, it was a horrible time for us. Within roughly six weeks, there were three car accidents in our family (VERY long story). After being lifelong State Farm customers, they informed us that they were going to cancel us unless we agreed to transfer to their high risk policy, which would have cost significantly more money. As I said, we were lifelong customers (over 35 yrs.), starting with DH when he was still in high school. I understand it's business and not personal, but it felt personal. Up until then we'd always been happy with them and even had our homeowner's policy with them. DH started shopping around and remembered something about Costco offering insurance. One thing led to another and it turned out that Ameriprise (thru Costco) was going to give us a better rate than State Farm did PRIOR to the accidents! We switched and took our homeowner's away from State Farm too! With our Costco Executive Membership, we get additional benefits from Ameriprise such as a 10% discount, free towing, and free roadside assistance. One other thing I like about Ameriprise is they way they bill us. The policy is written for six months and automatically renews. They bill us for 5 equal monthly installments (auto withdrawal), and we get the sixth month off. We've been very happy and plan on sticking with them.

Valued Contributor

USAA for everything