Respected Contributor

Maybe you should request "signature required"  ...

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I do my best to track all of my UPS packages.  I get e-mail notices from UPS when they receive notice of shipment from the vendor.  I track those packages daily so that I know when to expect them.  Most times, my regular UPS guy will ring my door bell ever so slightly (despite my note on the bell requesting that you "press firmly").  But since I'm home, I normally will hear the UPS truck.  But if I don't, I periodically check the UPS site to see if the status has changed from "Out for Delivery" to "Delivered".  By and large, I think my UPS guy does a great job.

Regular Contributor

UPS used to ring the bell when he left a delivery. I think he stopped recently due to the fact that my dog went crazy when he would ring the bell.  I'm glad he stopped because my dog is a spaz as it is and doesn't need to alert the entire neighborhood when I get a UPS delivery!

Respected Contributor
I have had the same UPS delivery person for several years. He always knocks and we often chat. He is a very nice guy.
Honored Contributor

Our regular UPS man normally knocks on the back door and leaves the packages.  I usually know when to expect him and leave the garage door open for him, especially in bad weather.  He likes to gab, so often he'll come to the front door when my husband is home and has time to talk.  Substitute drivers don't always knock.

But none of the FedEx drivers ever knock.  We know a couple of them too, but they just never knock or ring the bell, just leave the package and go. 

Respected Contributor
Wow, I have a nice UPS guy. He always rings the doorbell. One time when I was ordering a lot online I said, " I bet you wish I'd stop ordering stuff" and he said not at all, no packages, no job. Besides, my wife does the same thing 😊
Honored Contributor

UPS used to ring, now they don't.  I keep an eye on tracking and usually know when they are coming.  FEDEX never rings.

Honored Contributor

My regular UPS guy usually rings the bell. I did see one time he just left it and didn't ring or knock. I don't know if he was working today. Meanwhile I tipped him $25 at Christmas! I may rethink the tipping!

Valued Contributor

Our UPS drivers always rings the door bell and than goes backto the truck.  Most times by the time I get to the door he is pulling out of the drive way.

Respected Contributor
My UPS driver 🚚 honks his horn 📢 when he's driving up. Then puts the packages 📦📦on my porch and always rings 🔔 my doorbell. If the door is open he always yells UPS!!! I always laugh 😂 when I hear the horn honking. I think " My neighbors must love that!" 😱