Honored Contributor

I know we have discussed this before but I am doing a slow burn. I am expecting packages from HSN, QVC, and Ulta. I look on HSN to track my package and lo and behold it says it was delivered! I open up my door and all 3 packages are sitting on my porch.Now I've been home and don't understand why the driver can't ring the bell or knock on the door. How much more time does it take? They don't even have to wait for me to come to the door, just a heads up the packages are there would be great.Someone walking by my house could have taken the packages from my porch.Whenever I've gotten a package from FedEx they ring the bell and wait.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I know we have discussed this before but I am doing a slow burn. I am expecting packages from HSN, QVC, and Ulta. I look on HSN to track my package and lo and behold it says it was delivered! I open up my door and all 3 packages are sitting on my porch.Now I've been home and don't understand why the driver can't ring the bell or knock on the door. How much more time does it take? They don't even have to wait for me to come to the door, just a heads up the packages are there would be great.Someone walking by my house could have taken the packages from my porch.Whenever I've gotten a package from FedEx they ring the bell and wait.

The same thing happened to me with UPS on a WEN delivery.  No knock on the door, no doorbell was rung.  The regular delivery person was not working and a substitute was delivering.  

They put the package in a different place, so I didn't find it until dark, even though I kept looking! I only knew it had been delivered because I tracked it and it said it had been delivered!

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T What's Up With UPS

[ Edited ]

I don't think it's UPS job to ring the door bell. I have one driver that does and others that don't. They aren't mind readers anyway, how they are supposed to know who wants the door bell rung and who doesn't? Maybe you have a sleeping baby in house or work nights? They certainly aren't required to wait, unless it needs to be signed for and that would drag out their day if they did. Most people are working during the day anyway. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

It's so frustrating. If I catch them and ask them to ring the bell, I get told "no signature required".  I guess common sense or courtesy isn't required either.  I have 2 doors they could leave it in between. One time I had a drugstore dot com delivery after 8 pm in the snow. I discovered it the next morning when I was shoveling.  I've had them leave stuff out there in 100 degrees without ringing the bell.  Only UPS rings the bell.  Sorry for the rant☺

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

These guys are pretty nice.  If you want him to ring the bell, leave a pretty large note where he drops your packages asking him to always ring the bell.  We had just the opposite. Our UPS man is new to the route and he kept ringing the bell. I finally left him a note asking him to stop;  DH and I often nap in the afternoon and he wakes us up.  He hasn't done it since he saw the note.

Respected Contributor
I think the delivery companies are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this issue. Complaints on both sides.
Honored Contributor

Like I said ringing the bell would only take a second  I'm not expecting them to hang around till I open the door. You leave certain things in the hot sun, like makeup, you have a hot mess!

Honored Contributor

So sign up for text messages on the status of your package. They text you when it's delivered. It's completely rediculous to expect any delivery service to remember which house wants the door bell ring and which doesn't. The average driver has a route of thousands of addresses. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Like I said ringing the bell would only take a second  I'm not expecting them to hang around till I open the door. You leave certain things in the hot sun, like makeup, you have a hot mess!

Exactly.  They had to replace my order and I received a $20 credit.  Plus how many items get stolen.  

Super Contributor

Today my UPS diver brought 4 packages. I don't know this man, but he he told me I should stay off the internet today. I was so taken off guard I couldn't even reply. But for folks ordering off the internet would he have a job delivering in July?