Honored Contributor

O/T Watching the TV Show Shark Tank and Barbara Is Busting On QVC

I didn't know quite where to post this so I apologize to you ladies. I said I'd try not to use your space after taking such a hit before.

Anyway, I was just watching Shark Tank not 5 minutes ago and Barbara (one of the Sharks) was telling a lady that she definitely did not want to go to QVC (they'd said they might be interested) because they sell her product and then come back at you and their margin is so small you won't make much but mostly because they will make you pay for the shipping.

That's what she said to the last person they had on the show. She was selling pancake and waffle mix that had only natural ingredients in it. They all loved her products but most of them said they couldn't help.

The guy who's on there that no one likes wanted to 'help' the lady. Barbara said, "I will give you $100,000 and bla bla because I don't think you realize how hard it is to break into the food market. Then she said that about QVC. She said she's sold things on QVC before.

I found that interesting. This was a repeat so it should be easy to see. We are all always busting on the shipping charges so I found that especially interesting.

Just thought some of you might find it interesting. Lori was not on this show.

Frequent Contributor

Re: O/T Watching the TV Show Shark Tank and Barbara Is Busting On QVC

I just posted about the same thing.

She really sounded like she hated QVC, I was surprised she came right out with that.

Trusted Contributor

I think she does not like QVC because everyone calls Laurie the Queen of QVC and when clients come on all the men say oh let Laurie get you into QVC and I think she may have had a bad experience with the Q at some point and she could be a little jealous of Laurie's in.

Respected Contributor

Well, that might explain the high shipping if it's accurate.
Honored Contributor

if its accurate that explains a lot!

Contributor

I saw the show and was also surprised at Barbara.

Honored Contributor

I've been known to mix things up a bit, but I did report that right. Didn't I? I was surprised too. She even said that she's had things sold on QVC so she knew what she was talking about.

I did think it was funny that Lori wasn't there tonight. I wonder if she'd have said that if Lori had been there.

Trusted Contributor

Barbara jealous of Laurie or hates QVC what rediculous statements. She is an incredible and successful business woman and if you listened, she said there is no profit when selling FOOD items on QVC. That QVC chews you down so much on price.that you just about break even and they charge the vendor shipping charges when there are returns. You don't have a clue how QVC operates. I have a friend who is an Executive Consultant and did some work for a vendor who was selling their merchandise on QVC. My friend also told me that QVC does in fact chew the vendors price down significantly when they are buying the inventory, then they jack it up when they sell it to us and make all the profit. They also jack up the shipping charges and profit off of us on that too. So PLEASE stop feeling sorry for QVC and bashing Barbara.
Super Contributor

There are good foods on qvc!

You just have to look.

I agree with you about the shipping charges in some cases.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/22/2014 LBandS said:

There are good foods on qvc!

You just have to look.

I agree with you about the shipping charges in some cases.

What are you talking about? Who said there were not good foods on QVC? Did you even see Shark Tank and did you understand my statement? Barbara was telling the business owner that there is not any profit for them if they offer their food product on QVC so she wants to market their pancake mix somewhere else.