Honored Contributor

O/T Susan Talked About How Hurtful The Mean Posts Are To Her!

This morning I was watching Susan Graver with Sharon. She said that she sees all of the posts and that it is really hurtful when she sees the mean posts. She said she takes the suggestions and tries to incorporate them into her clothing. She said she's received some really good suggestions.

Then Sharon said something like, "Yes! She does see the mean posts and it does upset her. Some of them can be very mean."

I am paraphrasing (I know I'm not supposed to put quotes in there). However, it is very close to what was said.

Everyone has his or her right to post their opinion. I think QVC ALLOWS this post so they can get ideas on what sells.

It just doesn't make any sense to have "Does She Ever Shut Up"? as a headline. How would these people like it if someone put that about them in big headlines? With the way some of these threads go, it's pretty easy to figure out who they are speaking about.

I would say continue to speak up about dislikes on the material, the style, etc.

Just please TRY not to criticize her by being so mean. It's been said, "Why doesn't she let the other person talk?" I, personally, don't think that's so mean. I see it as the poster is saying she talks too much and should work on not talking over the other person.

I am not doing a very good job of explaining what I think is criticizing without making it so personal. Besides I know "Who died and left me in charge of the word police".

I just know that if ever what my Grandma used to say is appropriate, it is definitely appropriate here:

IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT A PERSON, DON'T SAY ANYTHING!

Here's another one that is probably more appropriate: There are two ways to say something.

Frequent Contributor

Re: O/T Susan Talked About How Hurtful The Mean Posts Are To Her!

Oh, please. When you're making money off the buying public, you are fair game to most anything, including constructive criticism and non-constructive criticism. It just comes with the territory.

Trusted Contributor

So she can't take critique on her designs?

Really?

Honored Contributor

Really? You think that if you are on TV, that makes you fair game to hatefulness? I believe you would feel differently if it were directed at you.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

When you're in the public eye you have to expect criticism. I think SG needs to heed some of the suggestions and take them to heart (esp. the constant talking over hosts). She's on so much that people do get tired of seeing her. But, she has to sell,sell,sell. She does have her fans and I'm not one of them. I think her clothing is cheaply made and lacks style. So, I never tune into any of her shows and turn the channel quickly when she appears in other clothing shows.

Honored Contributor

I like and respect SG, I have many SG pieces in wardrobe. But, I think if she's that thin skinned that mean comments for people she doesn't know and from people don't know her "hurts"; she should stay off the board.

Esteemed Contributor

She seems like a really nice woman who cares about her work and her customers. That said, if you know how uncensored the opinions on this board can be, why would you come here at all?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

Susan should use the ignore user option. I'm doing that more and more these days.

People may be free to voice their opinions, but that doesn't require any of us to read them.

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of people love SG's clothing and really want to watch her presentations and eventually will flip out their credit card - dial QVC - and make a purchase. However......when the show becomes an out-of-control (everybody talking at once) and showing no RESPECT to the other person....many of us just can't take it anymore....and that's a lost sale to them!

If SG does read these negative postings - - they apparently have no lasting effect on her. Nothing seems to change for the better.

Honored Contributor

I've said this before too, parents of these people can come in here and read too. I'd hate to be a mom of someone in here and come in and read some of this stuff, when it's so easy to not watch if you don't like it.