Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Susan Talked About How Hurtful The Mean Posts Are To Her!

On 2/27/2014 qualitygal said:

I've said this before too, parents of these people can come in here and read too. I'd hate to be a mom of someone in here and come in and read some of this stuff, when it's so easy to not watch if you don't like it.

I should add, there is a mute button for most to use. Just don't listen, you can see and order and never have to listen to it. You can even read the description of the item.

Honored Contributor

If the posts are so hurtful to her she should consult someone who would help her w/ some of the complaints. The complaints are basically all the same.

Super Contributor

I think Susan needs to mature and realize that not everyone is going to love you, your line of clothing or how you present yourself on television. That said even dignifying some of the trash that is posted on these forums with any kind of reply is sad for a woman who I have read is nearing 60 years old.

Was she looking for sympathy? Her lack of professionalism is sadly lacking....

Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2014 fthunt said:

A lot of people love SG's clothing and really want to watch her presentations and eventually will flip out their credit card - dial QVC - and make a purchase. However......when the show becomes an out-of-control (everybody talking at once) and showing no RESPECT to the other person....many of us just can't take it anymore....and that's a lost sale to them!

If SG does read these negative postings - - they apparently have no lasting effect on her. Nothing seems to change for the better.

I agree with what you are saying, I am not a huge SG fan, I do have 2 pieces of hers, I just don't think that posters need to be hateful about her. The boards have become a very nasty place to visit in the last 6 months or so, and I think it is time for people to ease up a bit. You can make the same point, but do it in a less mean way. Screaming in a post title, "Why won't she shut up?" is just plain rude. Just my opinion.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

People say horrible things about her. I am surprised she reads the boards though.

Super Contributor

I have posted about this many MANY times.

I wonder how these nasty people are with their kids, if they have them. That kind of meanness is never just regulated to posting online. They shouldn't be surprised when they get a call from the school...

I don't mean the people who don't like an article of clothing, or a material. Hey, opinions are necessary. BUT---there are some who take their posts to another level. Mocking someone's age or weight, etc. ---well, it just makes them seem so unhappy and jealous and DESPERATE to feel superior to someone, anyone. And since no one can see THEM here...

So much attention on bullying now---and that is just what some of them are doing.

Also, it is ALL in the way an opinion is communicated.

Honored Contributor

i dont think she is only talking about posts on here, but also posts on her facebook page. have you seen the RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL and UNNECESSARY posts on all of the hosts and vendors facebook pages? there IS a way to give constructive criticism without making it sound mean, rude, and distasteful. there IS a difference!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Kate, you said it perfectly. Please allow me to quote you, "It is all in the way an opinion is communicated".

Perfectly said. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Susan is 67 years old. She doesn't look it at all. I think she welcomes critiques of her designs and suggestions, but the personal attacks would hurt anyone. I don't know think she is particularly thin-skinned. She remains very bubbly. I would cower down like a hurt puppy if someone attacked me like they do her.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Super Contributor

Of course the mean comments hurt. They'd sting each and every one of us if we were the target.