Respected Contributor

O/T Recommendation for high quality vitamin line

I am using Andrew Lessman's supplements at this time.

They are very expensive compared to others I have seen.

For those in the know, what brand is good for supplements at not such a high price as Andrew Lessman?

Thanks,

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Recommendation for high quality vitamin line

I listen to Lessmen for the education/recommendations, but once I decide what I want I go to Vitacost and find their version for a lot less.

Respected Contributor

How about Omega 3 fish oil?

Taking fish oil, COQ-10, cinnamon, hair skin nails

I believe Andrew Lessman's are high quality and pure. But, oh so expensive! Need to trim costs!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

For fish oil I believe Barleans is the best. I take Barleans Flaxseed Oil caps. I've been taking it for years. I order mine from Amazon, but I'm sure you can find it many places. I also trust Vitacost. I take their glucosamine/chondroitin.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 hyacinth003 said:

How about Omega 3 fish oil?

Taking fish oil, COQ-10, cinnamon, hair skin nails

I believe Andrew Lessman's are high quality and pure. But, oh so expensive! Need to trim costs!

Hyacinth

Vitacost could help you, I'm sure. They have all the supplements you've named.
Instead of Omega 3 Fish Oil, I take the Vitacost brand of Krill Oil (I believe it's better than Fish Oil)
Rather than CoQ10, I take the Vitacost brand of Kaneka Ubiquinol (CoQH) - which I think is what Lessman calls TruQ10
I'm still finishing off some of Lessman's HHSN before I order a similar product from Vitacost.

Also, if you use Ebates, they have a cash back arrangement with Vitacost. Usually it's 4% unless there's a special promotion. Vitacost also provides coupon codes for their site.

Contributor

On 1/20/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I listen to Lessmen for the education/recommendations, but once I decide what I want I go to Vitacost and find their version for a lot less.

Hyacinth, I do just as JeanLouiseFinch. I just read the labels online and then buy what matches Andrew Lessman's ingredients. My substitute for Hair, Skin and Nails is Nature's Bounty. I buy it at Costco, but it is available elsewhere.

Super Contributor

I think it's best to take a high quality vitamin. Thorne is a really good brand. All you really need is a high quality multi and high quality Omega 3 and maybe also Ubiquinol (most absorbable form of CoQ10). You could also consider collagen.

Sometimes, if I want to get cost down I just take supplements every other day. That way a 30 day supply lasts 60 days. Or, I take supplements Monday-Friday and nothing on Saturday, Sunday. I think it's good to take a break from supplements. Or instead of full dose of multivitamin I take only part. For example 1 or 2 (instead of recommended 3 capsules).

Always get capsule form. Tablets have a lot of binders and fillers.

Valued Contributor

I just placed an order with Vitacost and went through MrRebates and they are offering 10% rebate. Vitacost is running a special through the 21st.

Valued Contributor

My doctor, actually she's a surgeon, recommended the brand Nutrigold....... http://www.nutrigold.com/The-True-Gold-Standard/ My hubby takes their astaxanthan for his joints.Smile

Contributor

I use Andrew Lessmans. you get what you pay for. and as another poster said, you can easily take vitamins every other day, unless you need CoQ because you take Statins, then you should take that every day Smiley Happy