Regular Contributor

O/T: My daughter's wedding 06/04/16

Ladies, I want to share something beautiful about my daughter's wedding last Saturday.  She chose an outdoor venue, a gorgeous place with a tremendous view, etc.  Well, the weather in Nashville, TN was iffy, at best, with rain off and on for a week.  I was frantically praying for no rain, along with tons of others. All day, the guys and girls in the wedding party were checking the forecast on their phones.  "It says 50/50  at 6 p.m., it was 75% at 3:00, now it's 40%, and so forth.  With the wedding starting at 6, it was sprinkling at 5:30.  Suddenly, at exactly 5:40, the sky cleared, the sky was blue with fluffy white clouds, and the best part... a HUGE rainbow appeared that curved across the ENTIRE sky!  Everyone was stunned, with our mouths open and tears coming down our faces.  I thought that only Noah had seen a rainbow like this.  I truly believe that God was telling me, "I told you that I would NOT "flood" your wedding with rain and you did not trust Me."  I thanked him with tons of emotion.  I just wanted to share.

Contributor

Re: O/T: My daughter's wedding 06/04/16

How sweet. I hope you were able to work the rainbow into wedding photos.

PS. I am near Nashville too.

QVC Customer Care

@vandyfan  That is wonderful!!  if photos are available I'd love to see a few. 

Honored Contributor

@vandyfan thank you so much for this post, what a day brightener!  The wedding sounds just beautiful.

Congratulations to the happy couple!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Wow! Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Your story gave me chills!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

how cool and how wonderful for your dd!  congrats, by the way!

same sort of thing happened at my own dd's wedding in 2013...almost.  sprinkled before the wedding, was clear (but really WINDY) for the ceremony, and then it rained when we were under the tents eating and dancing ... and THEN ... the rain stopped and we saw most beautiful rainbow. (which the photog took full advantage of.)    it was really cool. 

Respected Contributor

How Wonderful! Rain on one's wedding day is good luck and a rainbow...wow! Their marriage is truly blessed. Best wishes to you all!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@vandyfan

Truly amazing. Thank you for sharing.❤️

Honored Contributor

Aww that sounds beautiful! I remember my wedding, years ago. I love summer so I planned my wedding at the end of July. The upcoming days were extremely very, very hot and so very humid. A cold front moved in the night before my special day and cooled things down to delightful seventies with blue skies. Overnight, after our reception, another storm rolled through but my wedding weather was gorgeous.  Heart

"Pure Michigan"