Respected Contributor

Re: O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

I don't know what type of bed frame and headboard you have, but it's possible it's your bed frame making the clicking sound not your mattress.

I have one bolt that holds my headboard to my bed frame that seems to just work itself a bit loose. None of the other bolts budges, just the one. I know it's time to pull my bed away from the wall and tighten that silly thing when I hear the clicking start.

Trusted Contributor

Insist on getting your money back and buy a mattress elsewhere.

Years ago, I purchased an expensive but guaranteed mattress from Sears. Within a year, you could see the depressions from our bodies and it was no longer comfortable. Sears quickly replaced it but said that the second one did not have a replacement guarantee. Only one replacement allowed. The second one also went bad within a year. So, even if they replace it for you, it may not be any better than the first one.

Honored Contributor

I wish you luck with Serta because I can't imagine how you can get QVC come and pick it up from you. A sad situation. Hope it all works out for you.

Honored Contributor

Call, or go online to the BBB in the city where the mattress was purchased. Lancaster, PA? Online you can fill out a complaint. Believe me, this works. When you file a complaint QVC has 30 days to respond or their rating is dinged. They DO NOT want to be dinged. Someone will take care of it. I have done this with another company, and after a couple months of being ignored, I was taken care of to my satisfaction right after the complaint was received!

That is why I personally I could never buy a mattress, bed, etc on TV, unless I have tried the same thing in the store. 95% of the time the mattress will be fine. But if their are any problems at all, the thing is so big. You can't just put it in a bag and mail it back for 6.95,

Super Contributor

filing a complaint with the BBB would only help if QVC was still responsible for the product. As you know they give a 30 day no hassle return. After that, you must work with the manufacturer. I am sure if the BBB contacted QVC they would tell them the same thing they told the OP, take it up with Serta.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.angry} Shame on QVC!!!

Terrible customer relations. I have heard many stories like this about many things ,like your mattress,tv's computers ,ect.

I can totally feel your pain.I too am a 77 yr old widow (also with a bad back!) Who turns their mattress anymore at this age, not me and we shouldn't have to!!! We look to QVC for shopping ease and quality, and they turn around and leave you to fend for yourself!

SHAME ON QVC!!!!

Write and call the BBB first thing Monday morning !

Trusted Contributor

On 10/5/2014 baddest_dog said:

filing a complaint with the BBB would only help if QVC was still responsible for the product. As you know they give a 30 day no hassle return. After that, you must work with the manufacturer. I am sure if the BBB contacted QVC they would tell them the same thing they told the OP, take it up with Serta.

I agree. Here is the info on the 30 Day Comfort Guarantee..

Serta and QVC want you to feel confident when you purchase a new Serta mattress. We know that even after you make a considered selection, you may just prefer a different level of comfort. That's why we encourage you to take advantage of our 30-day Comfort Trial.

After delivery, we ask that you spend up to 30 days with your new mattress, as it can take several weeks for your body to adjust to a new mattress. Once your body has adjusted to the comfort and support level of your new mattress, you'll know for sure you've made the right selection.

If for any reason you're not satisfied with your new Serta mattress, please contact QVC Customer Service within 30 days of the delivery date and arrange for an exchange or return of your mattress. Once 30 days has passed, you'll need to consult the return policies outlined in Serta's 10-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty. More information about this warranty is available on the QVC.com product detail page.
©QVC.com
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 Rowdymom said:

Bottom line is that Annabelle was physically unable to comply with the terms of the warranty. That's NOT Serta's problem. Can you imagine attempting to return a car with a burned out engine because you don't know how to change the oil or put gas into it?

This is an eye opening experience. Do your research, understand how much work something is going to be BEFORE you make your problem someone else's.

I'm sorry to ask, but how was she unable to comply with the terms of warenty........not being able to turn over a $900 mattress? I never heard of such a thing!

The very least QVC CS could do is pick up the one she has and bring her a new one.......even if it breaks again in a month or two

This makes me want to tear up my QCard {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Honored Contributor

It is silly to say "shame on qvc" when it is CLEARLY written in their policy about the mattress. The OP should have been familiar with the policy before purchasing and QVC is not at fault here.

Sorry OP but honestly, the manufacturers are usually pretty good with warranty issue. They should send someone out to investigate your issue. They will take measurements, etc and if they do indeed find an issue, they will either replace it or fix the problem. That has been my experience with mattress issues in the past.

I personally would never buy a mattress or big $$ purchase from online or a shopping network anyway but that is a whole other issue.

Super Contributor

On 10/5/2014 MalteseMomma said:
On 10/5/2014 Rowdymom said:

Bottom line is that Annabelle was physically unable to comply with the terms of the warranty. That's NOT Serta's problem. Can you imagine attempting to return a car with a burned out engine because you don't know how to change the oil or put gas into it?

This is an eye opening experience. Do your research, understand how much work something is going to be BEFORE you make your problem someone else's.

I'm sorry to ask, but how was she unable to comply with the terms of warenty........not being able to turn over a $900 mattress? I never heard of such a thing!

again, it is not turning it over, it is rotating corners. It states that in the warranty information. How is it the manufacturer's problem to solve when someone is physically unable to do something alone? We all have limitations on things not only as we age but because of disabilities as well.