Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

How horrible what you are going through. I've read so many comments from dissatisfied customers regarding large orders from the Q, I would never buy anything like a mattress or electronics except locally. I'm so sorry for your trouble. Please let us know what corporate says on Monday and I think having your attorney draft a letter is a good idea. It's amazing what a piece of "letterhead" can accomplish.

Side bar: I read years ago that all those "do not remove" labels are not meant for the purchaser of the item, but anyone else that may come across the label before the item is sold.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

annabellethecat - I am so sorry you are having to deal with this issue with Serta on top if your health challenge. You mention that you never received the lamb. I was thinking that there was a rebate form to complete and mail in to get the lamb, no?

I checked out today's TSV, including reading the warranty and watching the Mattress Care video. The video states that the mattress is to be rotated (top of mattress rotated to bottom of bed) once every two weeks for the first 3 months. And "Afterwards, rotate the mattress once every 8 wks. for optimal performance." Did your mattress have similar instructions?
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

lyn, I mailed in the rebate form. I didn't see that. Even if I did, how in the world am I going to rotate a Queen size mattress that sits up against a wall.

This isn't very practical. No other mattress I ever bought in all my years ever said that.

There was no way I could have done that. That's crazy!

The mattress is spotless. As I said, I sleep on the mattress alone. It's only 2 months old for goodness sakes.

Respected Contributor

On 10/4/2014 twopeas said:

How horrible what you are going through. I've read so many comments from dissatisfied customers regarding large orders from the Q, I would never buy anything like a mattress or electronics except locally. I'm so sorry for your trouble. Please let us know what corporate says on Monday and I think having your attorney draft a letter is a good idea. It's amazing what a piece of "letterhead" can accomplish.

Side bar: I read years ago that all those "do not remove" labels are not meant for the purchaser of the item, but anyone else that may come across the label before the item is sold.

If you remove the tags, you still have to have them "in hand" for a warranty issue. If they are attached to the mattress that makes things much easier. If you have removed them, sometimes they won't do anything about the warranty. If the tags are removed, the store has to fight with the mattress company and sometimes you lose the battle.

Please leave the tags on.

Super Contributor

edited

Respected Contributor

On 10/4/2014 annabellethecat said:

lyn, I mailed in the rebate form. I didn't see that. Even if I did, how in the world am I going to rotate a Queen size mattress that sits up against a wall.

This isn't very practical. No other mattress I ever bought in all my years ever said that.

The mattress is spotless. As I said, I sleep on the mattress alone. It's only 2 months old for goodness sakes.

The old two sided mattress were supposed to be flipped and rotated.

The one sided mattresses needs to be rotated on a regular basis.

This is not something new and as far as I know, the companies say this across the board.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/4/2014 lyn in MI said: annabellethecat - I am so sorry you are having to deal with this issue with Serta on top if your health challenge. You mention that you never received the lamb. I was thinking that there was a rebate form to complete and mail in to get the lamb, no?

I checked out today's TSV, including reading the warranty and watching the Mattress Care video. The video states that the mattress is to be rotated (top of mattress rotated to bottom of bed) once every two weeks for the first 3 months. And "Afterwards, rotate the mattress once every 8 wks. for optimal performance." Did your mattress have similar instructions?

Wow, I've always rotated my mattress but every 2 weeks sounds like a lot of work particularly if you have a large mattress and live alone.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Well they should tell the guys who deliver the things to tell people that or QVC should mention it when they sell the stupid things.

So, just how regular is regular. Good grief! The stupid thing is only 2 months old! If I have to rotate this thing I'd better find me someone who is strong or I can hire to come in and rotate the thing every few weeks.

Like I said it was 2 months old. If I'm splitting hairs I'd say it was actually less than 2 months when it started feeling 'different'. I thought it was my imagination.

I noticed the clicking in 7 weeks to probably be precise.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/4/2014 mima said:

The old two sided mattress were supposed to be flipped and rotated.

The one sided mattresses needs to be rotated on a regular basis.

This is not something new and as far as I know, the companies say this across the board.

That's my understanding, too. I found the following on a mattress website (not Serta)...

Rotation Schedule: Some mattress manufacturers require that a mattress be rotated on a regular basis. With the newer “no-flip” models available, end-over-end rotation has been eliminated, however, older models may still require it. Regular rotation allows the upholstery fabrics and foam layers to ´reconstitute´ and breathe, regaining their original form and loft. Failure to maintain a regular rotation schedule may result in permanent damage to your mattress and can also void your warranty coverage. Check your warranty card to determine if your mattress is a newer no-flip model or an older model that still requires end-over-end flipping. Your warranty card also outlines how to rotate your mattress correctly as well as the recommended frequency of rotation.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

Well they should tell the guys who deliver the things to tell people that or QVC should mention it when they sell the stupid things.

So, just how regular is regular. Good grief! The stupid thing is only 2 months old! If I have to rotate this thing I'd better find me someone who is strong or I can hire to come in and rotate the thing every few weeks.

Like I said it was 2 months old. If I'm splitting hairs I'd say it was actually less than 2 months when it started feeling 'different'. I thought it was my imagination.

I noticed the clicking in 7 weeks to probably be precise.

I understand your frustration, however most manufacturers expect us consumers to read the warranty info. They do not instruct or expect a delivery company to cover warranty info with a customer upon delivery. Today's TSV states the mattress us to be rotated once every two weeks for the first 3 months and then once every eight weeks thereafter.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007