Super Contributor

Re: O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

Hmmm...and the OP has been posting in other threads like crazy for 2 days and hasn't been back here. I guess she doesn't like the responses she received.

Valued Contributor

On 10/6/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

Hmmm...and the OP has been posting in other threads like crazy for 2 days and hasn't been back here. I guess she doesn't like the responses she received.

And this is what she does... It's getting old and yet there are some that keep falling for it. I don't believe that QVC or Serta did nothing to correct this

No thought is worth thinking.....
Trusted Contributor

On 10/6/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I think we have gotten hung up on the rotation dealie. The fact remains that it is highly unlikely, at least to me, that the OP has done what she needs to do to get whatever problem she might have resolved.

I agree completely that until Serta receives the necessary claim forms, they can't proceed with their claim process. The OP really has no idea how Serta will handle her claim until she files the required paperwork. Just calling Serta up and demanding they replace her current mattress isn't going to accomplish a thing except possibly causing Serta to think they are dealing with an unreasonable customer who may or may not have legitimate complaints. Annebelle, find a way to copy the legal tag then send that in with any other required paperwork so Serta can then commence with their customery claim process. The longer it takes for them to get the required forms, the longer you will have to wait to get any resolution which you obviously don't want. You will not make any headway by just demanding they come and pick it up. That is not how any warranties are processed. If anyone invests in a major purchase, most will follow any suggestions on how to keep it in the best possible condition. Vacuuming custom carpets or promptly removing any spills from furniture are all "suggestions" just as rotating a mattress is. I can say from personal experience in owning two PT's that rotating them really does make a difference over the life of a pillowtop mattress. Each time it is rotated, it really helps redistribute the top internal materials and the comfort level improves. And in every TSV show I watched, they made a point of reiterating the benefit s of rotating the mattress. While it may not affect the warranty, it does affect the comfort and how well the mattress will age in good shape. Good Luck - hope all works out to your satisfaction.
Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.mellow}I agree.This stupid thread has gone wild.....lol Only the OP knows the truth of the situation, and I hope she gets results that make her happy or at least content........

HAPPY DAZE ,

I identify with OP because of her age (rotating the mattress) and the size and cost of her purchase and felt sorry that no one helped her.

In 20 plus yrs I have hardly returned anything and I know better than to buy big ticket items here, from all the problems people have written about, over many years on this board , with getting any help from QVC.

New Contributor

I have a similar story.  The box spring is broken and the mattress is lopsided after one year.  Serta cashed the $35 check, which was required in order for them to initiate a claim and inspect the mattress.  A few weeks later they sent paperwork telling me how to prove that the mattress is defective, because they actually don't have any technicians who can visually inspect the mattress (in that particular area).  It required a complicated set of pictures and measurements, which would be difficult, if not impossible, to accomplish alone. I contacted QVC, and was also disappointed that they were unable to help rectify the sitution with Serta.  I would tell people to ask questions about the warranty, and find out how Serta would deal with a problem in the region you live in.  If they don't have the capability to inspect a broken box spring and defective mattress, the 10 yr warranty has little value.