Super Contributor

Re: O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

the point I've been saying all along is that she said she researched all this, then early on in post #28 she says:

Well they should tell the guys who deliver the things to tell people that or QVC should mention it when they sell the stupid things.

So, just how regular is regular. Good grief! The stupid thing is only 2 months old! If I have to rotate this thing I'd better find me someone who is strong or I can hire to come in and rotate the thing every few weeks.

so now she claims the delivery people should give her instructions on how to care for her mattress. Then she uses the widow card and her back as excuses for not being able to care for the mattress. If she were my mother and airing all this out in public, I would take her computer away. Because she tipped her hand right from the start, she really has no leg to stand on. She doesn't like the mattress plain and simple or she would have done exactly as CS told her to so they could review her warranty info and send someone out. They have to cover their a**es too otherwise anyone buying a considerable purchase and then changing their mind could claim defect and expect full refunds. Don't people realize that any company has to investigate claims of defects before they issue refunds or replacements.

and finally for people to now claim there is something shady going on because 2 people on this thread didn't like the mattress is beyond unbelievable. If you think the company is shady, what makes you so sure the OP isn't? It can work both ways.

Unbelievable.

Respected Contributor

Someone mentioned "flipping" the mattress. I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if the OP even has a flippable mattress. It may be a mattress that you can ONLY rotate. A lot of companies don't make 2-sided mattresses anymore.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

On 10/5/2014 rina33 said:

Someone mentioned "flipping" the mattress. I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if the OP even has a flippable mattress. It may be a mattress that you can ONLY rotate. A lot of companies don't make 2-sided mattresses anymore.

This is very true. I didn't even know they made them anymore actually, except maybe in the lower end ones. The ones I have bought over the past 15 years you don't flip.

Contributor

On 10/5/2014 baddest_dog said:

the point I've been saying all along is that she said she researched all this, then early on in post #28 she says:

Well they should tell the guys who deliver the things to tell people that or QVC should mention it when they sell the stupid things.

So, just how regular is regular. Good grief! The stupid thing is only 2 months old! If I have to rotate this thing I'd better find me someone who is strong or I can hire to come in and rotate the thing every few weeks.

e so now shclaims the delivery people should give her instructions on how to care for her mattress. Then she uses the widow card and her back as excuses for not being able to care for the mattress. If she were my mother and airing all this out in public, I would take her computer away. Because she tipped her hand right from the start, she really has no leg to stand on. She doesn't like the mattress plain and simple or she would have done exactly as CS told her to so they could review her warranty info and send someone out. They have to cover their a**es too otherwise anyone buying a considerable purchase and then changing their mind could claim defect and expect full refunds. Don't people realize that any company has to investigate claims of defects before they issue refunds or replacements.

and finally for people to now claim there is something shady going on because 2 people on this thread didn't like the mattress is beyond unbelievable. If you think the company is shady, what makes you so sure the OP isn't? It can work both ways.

Unbelievable.

Serta mattresses are delivered with White Glove service. They moved sets around for us between two rooms and took the oldest set with them. My DH, who sometimes rivals the village idiot when it comes to domestic things, said they were very clear with him about the turning schedule and suggested that we print the product description on QVC. com where it is clearly outlined.

Esteemed Contributor

she is suppose to rotate the mattress...but claims the deliverymen didn't tell her....then expected someone to come out and rotate it for her...rotating isn't that difficult...I have a very bad back yet rotating wasn't a problem...

there have been too many inconsistencies in OP's comments...none that make sense....

Contributor

On 10/5/2014 circles said:

she is suppose to rotate the mattress...but claims the deliverymen didn't tell her....then expected someone to come out and rotate it for her...rotating isn't that difficult...I have a very bad back yet rotating wasn't a problem...

there have been too many inconsistencies in OP's comments...none that make sense....

I don't know the OPs shopping and posting history but from comments in the thread, I'm going with buyers remorse and an oh cr*p moment when she saw her October Easy Pays.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/5/2014 sfnative said:
On 10/5/2014 kal said:
On 10/5/2014 sfnative said:
On 10/5/2014 Krimpette said:

I'm still not understanding how it could be "shame on QVC" when their 30-day policy is so clearly stated.

I honestly believes it boils down to the implied selling of junk Serta mattresses. It makes me wonder if perhaps, ans I say "perhaps," the Q is selling Serta "seconds." This is all conjecture.

Another thing that occurs to me is that a deal is made to sell a cheap look-a-like mattress. By that I mean looks like or similar to top end Serta.

It's illegal to sell seconds in the mattress biz. QVC would not be doing that.

"Seconds" as second in quality (had lower rating in the QA process): I would not put it past them.

Why would that be illegal? It's simply a mattress that's not up to spec as it were.

You can't do it. You can give them away to hotels and such or to charity or to employees, however they cannot be sold to retailers nor to end customers.

Trusted Contributor

Rotated or not, no mattress should begin to fall apart in two months. That's crazy. I hope Serta corporate is helpful and will replace the mattress.

Annabelle, if corporate isn't helpful and you have a Facebook account, post your complaint on the Serta Facebook page. Sometimes that sort of thing works, as corporations don't want to look like they have bad products and poor customer service.

Respected Contributor

On 10/5/2014 ElvisShops said:

Rotated or not, no mattress should begin to fall apart in two months. That's crazy. I hope Serta corporate is helpful and will replace the mattress.

Annabelle, if corporate isn't helpful and you have a Facebook account, post your complaint on the Serta Facebook page. Sometimes that sort of thing works, as corporations don't want to look like they have bad products and poor customer service.

Absolutely agree. Issues after only two months regardless of rotating is crazy. Posting on a FB site absolutely works. The level of service I experienced after an appliance service issue went through the roof after a FB post I made.
Some of these posts are brutal on OP, IMO.
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the QVC presentation but I have seen the shop HQ presentation and they always boast about the warranty and how it is not pro rated blah blah blah. During one of these presentations somebody called in with a very similar complaint to Annabel's! They shuffled her off the phone pretty quickly. now that I've heard this twice I don't think I will be purchasing a mattress from a shopping channel