Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

QVC has to know about all the complaints on-line about Serta mattresses sagging and/or smelling of chemicals --- even I know about it. Just google Serta mattress complaints. I hold QVC responsible for carrying Serta. It takes more than a month for problems with the mattress to show up --- so should QVC not be responsible??? Why are manufacturers putting foam on top of mattresses??? So they can charge double the price - that's why. Prior to them adding foam and other unnecessary materials on top of a very comfortable mattress -- there were few complaints. The more foam (or pillow-top), the more problems. Read everything on-line about these scammy mattress manufacturers. Until class action lawsuits happen, nothing will change. There's LOTS of PROFIT in the mattress business. Some people have problems with certain mattress brands and others don't --- because of the type and amount of foam used.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 baddest_dog said:

why in this case? Because she is older and complained publicly? C'mon now. Everyone then can complain to the public and expect to get satisfaction. This OP has admitted on many posts in the past that she is an impulse buyer and buys many things she never needs or even uses. She has then gone on to say in posts about people getting the too many returns letter, that she will buy anything she wants and return as much as she wants anytime. To me it just seems like by coming on this board and hoping people will give her sympathy, she can use that to her advantage to force QVC to refund her money. Sorry, but that does not sit well with me. You seem to be missing the point that she has been given options but chooses not to use them.

I guess if you think they should make an exception in the name of good customer service, then they should take it back, refund her money, and not allow her to purchase anything again. They have a "try me" period of 30 days. If she keeps insisting the clicking started a few weeks later, then work with Serta who must stand by their warranty. QVC carries no warranties for merchandise they sell beyond 30 days.

maybe I am missing something somewhere,I don't read whole posts and I do not know the poster, nor do I even look at the names of people that post (not a good thing , I admit,because others do and seem to jump in on certain posters)

All I know is that if I were to buy a big ticket item like a $900 mattress from QVC I would hope they would at the very least come get it and either send me another one or refund my money whatever suited them best. Or at least contact the Serta company and tell them to do something about it.

Not that I need a mattress but if I ever did it would not be Serta nor would I buy it from QVC. Thank you OP for this valuable info!!

It looks to me , if you buy a big ticket item from QVC you are on your own ,if anything happens!Again I'll say it...

SHAME ON QVC!

Contributor

On 10/5/2014 MalteseMomma said:
On 10/5/2014 baddest_dog said:

why in this case? Because she is older and complained publicly? C'mon now. Everyone then can complain to the public and expect to get satisfaction. This OP has admitted on many posts in the past that she is an impulse buyer and buys many things she never needs or even uses. She has then gone on to say in posts about people getting the too many returns letter, that she will buy anything she wants and return as much as she wants anytime. To me it just seems like by coming on this board and hoping people will give her sympathy, she can use that to her advantage to force QVC to refund her money. Sorry, but that does not sit well with me. You seem to be missing the point that she has been given options but chooses not to use them.

I guess if you think they should make an exception in the name of good customer service, then they should take it back, refund her money, and not allow her to purchase anything again. They have a "try me" period of 30 days. If she keeps insisting the clicking started a few weeks later, then work with Serta who must stand by their warranty. QVC carries no warranties for merchandise they sell beyond 30 days.

maybe I am missing something somewhere,I don't read whole posts and I do not know the poster, nor do I even look at the names of people that post (not a good thing , I admit,because others do and seem to jump in on certain posters)

All I know is that if I were to buy a big ticket item like a $900 mattress from QVC I would hope they would at the very least come get it and either send me another one or refund my money whatever suited them best. Or at least contact the Serta company and tell them to do something about it.

Not that I need a mattress but if I ever did it would not be Serta nor would I buy it from QVC. Thank you OP for this valuable info!!

This important info?? Give me a fuggin break. She bought a memory foam topped mattress that the hosts painstaking explain in EVERY presentation requires a certain amount of maintenance. She failed to comply with said maintenance and shame on everyone but her?

Basic research would let a purchaser know that memory foam requires turning and repositioning so the foam doesn't compress unevenly. If you don't understand the features of a product don't buy it

Serta will never miss you and I'm sure your relatives can think for themselves Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

It's funny,I bought a washing machine (or my son went and bought it for me) from P.C.********

It never worked from day one and by the first month it really died. I had to wait and wait (as per P.C. __ repair policies) to come numerous times to fix this lemon. I got nowhere. I guess this is the same thing in a way.

needless to say I junked the PC--- machine lost my money) and bought a wonderful machine from Sears with which I have no problems Smile

I did loose my money on the first machine...lol Maybe it is the same deal......

So maybe I am wrong........I don't know I apologize if I offended anyone.

Contributor

On 10/5/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 10/5/2014 HappyDaze said:

so maltesemomma apparently does not think the customers should take any personal responsibility whatsoever for any situations. A customer shouldn't have to read and abide by the return policy even though purchasing the item is essentially a contract stating you have read and agreed to the policy? And that the customer shouldn't have to abide by the warranty terms and do their part to keep a mattress at its optimum condition?

The OP talks about her kids all the time visiting, etc so I am sure there is someone she could contact to help her flip a mattress once in a great while or whatever the terms are. And if she can't, then like another poster mentioned, don't buy that particular mattress. It really is that simple.

And BBB will NOT investigate a claim such as this since QVC's return policy is CLEARLY written. This is truly a black and white situation- no grey areas whatsoever.

No , HAPPY DAZE,I think,you are wrong. In this case QVC could make a small allowance to the customer ,for good customer relations.

That is how you do good business!! SHAME ON QVC!!!

lol, okay so you answered my question by not actually answering it- Customers have no personal responsibilities whatsoever. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

And I am done with this silliness.

Yep, no responsibilities at all AND they get to complain about price and shipping increases caused by others excessive returns.

Contributor

It's funny,I bought a washing machine (or my son went and bought it for me) from P.C.********

It never worked from day one and by the first month it really died. I had to wait and wait (as per P.C. __ repair policies) to come numerous times to fix this lemon. I got nowhere. I guess this is the same thing in a way.

needless to say I junked the PC--- machine lost my money) and bought a wonderful machine from Sears with which I have no problems Smile

Well, you admitted in your post you didn't read the thread. Might have been a good starting point to enter the discussion Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 Rowdymom said:

Well, you admitted in your post you didn't read the thread. Might have been a good starting point to enter the discussion Smiley Wink

yes, before I comment I guess I should know what I'm talking about.

I should add we were even longtime friends with the PC-- salesman and I still lost my money..........lol

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/5/2014 Krimpette said:

I'm still not understanding how it could be "shame on QVC" when their 30-day policy is so clearly stated.

I honestly believes it boils down to the implied selling of junk Serta mattresses. It makes me wonder if perhaps, ans I say "perhaps," the Q is selling Serta "seconds." This is all conjecture.

Another thing that occurs to me is that a deal is made to sell a cheap look-a-like mattress. By that I mean looks like or similar to top end Serta.

Frequent Contributor

Can you just take photos with your phone? I would do that and email them to the company. Or post on their facebook page. Often posting on their FB page will get a company to respond to you and attempt to fix the problem (replace the faulty product, for example.)

Frequent Contributor

Actually, I can't find a FB page for them. There is one called Join Serta's Email List. The fact that I can't find their FB page probably means they took it down due to bad reviews.