Occasional Contributor

Re: O/T My Q Account is ""Lost in Space""

Well, yesterday I called again and spoke with CS Supervisor Jessica who has helped SEVERAL customers with the same problem as mine. The first thing she asked was whether anyone had forwarded my issue to corporate...answer, no. She had me try again by signing in through "Order Status" because she had used that successfully with MANY others who HAD NOT GOTTEN THE EMAIL. We tried it, system sent email..none came. Sad to say, it didn't work for me.

Now my account/problem is forwarded to corporate for a solution. Jessica said she will personally track the progress of the flow the request and will call when she sees there is a resolution. I thanked her very much for her help and intended follow-up.

wackers...your comments give great clarity to what is going on! Demanding advancements with outdated systems and no means to handle what in true IT world are simple issues is MORONIC for a company making this kind of money. (And yes, reverting an account to pre-password status IS a simple issue)

Again, I have thanked each person at CS that has tried to help me. It is NOT their fault they can't solve this.

Super Contributor

QVC needs some new Dells!

Occasional Contributor

A reply came late this afternoon from CS Supervisor Jessica, just as promised, THANK YOU!!! ...Q Internet Security completely reset my account, voila! An email came through at 5pm for me to re-set my password. Has been done, all recorded, and am now reunited with the account that I have had for 18 years.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

(was also told they are looking to find resolution for this MAJOR issue...hmm might help them think deeper and more completely in the future before rolling out projects like this...who knows???)

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2014 wackers said:

More than one CS Reps have told me they are still using the same computers from 2002. Now I may not be the most tech savvy person in the world but do know you can only successfully update and expand so much to a computer of that age. The reason it came up in both situations was the CS Rep's frustration of what they have to deal with everyday trying to get the computers to perform correctly.

When you think of the memory and RAM back in 2002, it's a wonder their whole system hasn't crashed and burned. This company makes a ton of profit yearly but refuses to update one of the most critical parts of any business today. No wonder on any major event days, the site slows to a crawl before completely stopping.

Their IT department deserves some real kudos for keeping things running as well as they do. Just beyond comprehension that the Q is this cheap .............. and yes, it is cheap to still be trying to make the Reps who service your customers try to do so on computers now 14 year old.

This would probably explain the issues with posting using an iPad. I was sure it had to do with their hardware.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/12/2014 sometime said:

Well, yesterday I called again and spoke with CS Supervisor Jessica who has helped SEVERAL customers with the same problem as mine. The first thing she asked was whether anyone had forwarded my issue to corporate...answer, no. She had me try again by signing in through "Order Status" because she had used that successfully with MANY others who HAD NOT GOTTEN THE EMAIL. We tried it, system sent email..none came. Sad to say, it didn't work for me.

Now my account/problem is forwarded to corporate for a solution. Jessica said she will personally track the progress of the flow the request and will call when she sees there is a resolution. I thanked her very much for her help and intended follow-up.

wackers...your comments give great clarity to what is going on! Demanding advancements with outdated systems and no means to handle what in true IT world are simple issues is MORONIC for a company making this kind of money. (And yes, reverting an account to pre-password status IS a simple issue)

Again, I have thanked each person at CS that has tried to help me. It is NOT their fault they can't solve this.

I'm glad you got it resolved. That will teach you to change your password{#emotions_dlg.laugh} (just kiddin')

So, who were you before?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines