Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Is Christmas over yet?

To quote Yogi Berra ""It ain't over til it's over"".

Super Contributor

Aww... I am so sorry you feel that way....

:

Maybe you will feel better about the holidays when

the day arrives...

:

Take it one day at a time and enjoy each day God gives to us...

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Kzeks said:

Aww... I am so sorry you feel that way....

:

Maybe you will feel better about the holidays when

the day arrives...

:

Take it one day at a time and enjoy each day God gives to us...

Amen! I never wish for a single day, regardless of what day it is, to come and go faster than it already does. Life is too short to wish away even a single day!

Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 susan25 said:
On 11/20/2014 specialkbird said:

I think that's the bad part of starting Christmas so early. It takes the excitement of Christmas and makes it old news before it even gets here. It's something we deal with every season but it seems to come earlier every year. Like the radio station here that started playing Christmas music the night before Halloween.....I love it, but not that early.

I agree and it does seem to be earlier every year. Christmas music shouldn't start until after Thanksgiving and not as early as Halloween.

I agree, each Holiday should have it's own time.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

What does OT mean in forum talk, like in this thread title.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Frequent Contributor

Golfcartrider, OT means Off Topic. Since this is a beauty forum, she marked her thread OT. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Johnnyeager said:

It won't be over until every last item has been placed in its own set of 3, 4 or 5 individual boxes that don't even need to be wrapped for oh, so easy gifting, grab-bagging, stocking stuffing or secret santa-ing. (Grammarians, please pardon the word creation.) And what the heck is a Pollyanna? Several of the hosts keep referring to it and I have no idea what it is.

The only Pollyanna I know is the book, written in 1913 by Eleanor Porter. it's a classic about a girl named Pollyanna who has the most optimistic outlook.

Honored Contributor

I hate December and the Christmas holiday. I'd be thrilled to skip from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.

I have a very large wonderful family and we have our big get-together on Christmas Eve and it is so much fun. But it's not the gifts or holiday that make it great...it's my family. If you count my parents, my siblings, their spouses, and all of our kids, there are 44. We also get together once a month to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, etc, and they are just as wonderful as Christmas Eve.

Super Contributor

I'm thinking that with the state of the world today (Ebola, wars, beheadings, Congress, the list could go own ) maybe we are just looking for something to be happy about. I've started listening to Christmas carols in the car already, something I don't normally due until after Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I hate December and the Christmas holiday. I'd be thrilled to skip from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.

I have a very large wonderful family and we have our big get-together on Christmas Eve and it is so much fun. But it's not the gifts or holiday that make it great...it's my family. If you count my parents, my siblings, their spouses, and all of our kids, there are 44. We also get together once a month to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, etc, and they are just as wonderful as Christmas Eve.

YES! Us too... there is just SO much hype that by September I start to get the "dreads". I don't have a super-large family, but we downplay the gifts and hype and focus on others. Since my kids were tiny I'd ask them to clean out their rooms (once a year around October) and donate the toys and clothing that didn't fit or they didn't play with. Then I would make sure all of us would go and make the donation in person (to the Church or Charity).

When my youngest was about 6 or so, I found him dumping out drawers of toys into a big bag and I asked if he went through everything. He said, no but that's ok because he had so much and other kids didn't have anything. He's still like that today.

But yes, I could easily fast forward to February... it's just all too much.... {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*