Respected Contributor

For whatever reason, I feel like Christmas should have come and gone by now.

I don't know if they really started earlier than usual (that's what it feels like to me), or I am noticing it more this year.

The decorations, music, or constant gift themes just have me burned out of it now.

Oh, I doubt anyone cares about this opinion or plan on changing anything!

It is not even Thanksgiving, and it feels like it should be OVER already.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T Is Christmas over yet?

It won't be over until every last item has been placed in its own set of 3, 4 or 5 individual boxes that don't even need to be wrapped for oh, so easy gifting, grab-bagging, stocking stuffing or secret santa-ing. (Grammarians, please pardon the word creation.) And what the heck is a Pollyanna? Several of the hosts keep referring to it and I have no idea what it is.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

I've noticed particularly this year that EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE seems to be Christmas-related (not just QVC). I was looking forward to the elections being over so I wouldn't get bombarded with political ads everywhere. Now it's Christmas, only times 100%! It's hard to tune it out. I can't even imagine how people who don't even celebrate this holiday must feel!

Contributor

I think that's the bad part of starting Christmas so early. It takes the excitement of Christmas and makes it old news before it even gets here. It's something we deal with every season but it seems to come earlier every year. Like the radio station here that started playing Christmas music the night before Halloween.....I love it, but not that early.

Super Contributor

are you referring to qvc shopping or the celebration of the birth of Ch rist? ~smiles, SnowKita
Esteemed Contributor

Hyacinth, whenever I start to feel that way, I just remind myself that Christ's birthday is always December 25.

For some reason, that works well for me!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

My daughter is getting married in January so I decided I'm not doing Christmas shopping this year. I can't believe what a burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I have to admit though that I have already caved and bought a couple of things but did so because it was fun and found something that seemed perfect. No more wondering around aimlessly looking for something to buy. I will be giving mostly money which is what everyone really wants anyway. A reminder to remember the true reason for celebrating Christmas. All of the early Christmas stuff hasn't bothered me because I don't feel stressed about having to buy a bunch of gifts. It's been nice.
Frequent Contributor

I love all the decorations, the music, it's quite festive to me. And all the holiday beauty kits around this time are lovely. I don't have a lot of gifts to buy, so shopping is fun. Yankee Candle has buy 2 get 2 free large candles, makes hostess gifts easy for me.

Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 specialkbird said:

I think that's the bad part of starting Christmas so early. It takes the excitement of Christmas and makes it old news before it even gets here. It's something we deal with every season but it seems to come earlier every year. Like the radio station here that started playing Christmas music the night before Halloween.....I love it, but not that early.

I agree and it does seem to be earlier every year. Christmas music shouldn't start until after Thanksgiving and not as early as Halloween.