Respected Contributor

O/T I survived my Venofer infusion for anyone who was in yesterday's discussion

As you can see since I've already been posting today. The infusion was fine, just a little tired and groggy but hope to feel better soon..have another one next week. My ferritin had really tanked over the last month down to 9. Not as bad as 5!
Super Contributor

Re: O/T I survived my Venofer infusion for anyone who was in yesterday's discussion

glad you did ok with it.

I wasn't in on the discussion but I did read some about it.

hope you feel better.

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T I survived my Venofer infusion for anyone who was in yesterday's discussion

Thank you rebel. Yeah, that was a pretty crazy thread.
Esteemed Contributor

That was a very bizarre thread...if that person was truthful, he/she needs psychiatric help, ASAP
Esteemed Contributor

I did read and commented on the now poofed thread. That OP is in some serious need of psychiatric help. I am surprised that her mother who evidently is footing her medical bills cannot see what is so clearly going on. Glad your procedure went well and you are feeling better.
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe her mother really didn't say or do or not do what the poster claims...I can't imagine any mother not wanting to change her cookware or seek or pay for psychiatric help for her child and if anonymous posters could see that the person had psychological issues surely a mother could. But, some parents are in the land of denial when it comes to their kids...or the whole post could have been a hoax. I hope that is the case because the person is starving herself and does display classic signs of anorexia nervosa
Respected Contributor

Congrats on the successful infusion!

As for that other person with low iron, clearly she is not an adult minded person, so her mother has to be controlling of her life, and I don't blame her. The OP does need some serious mental help. A good stay at an inpatient clinic would help her with her mental health and her physical health due to being in such a controlled environment, but we all know that she won't do that even if insurance covered it 100%. Hopefully she will get some kind of help before her iron levels hospitalize her or even kill her. It is her life, but wow what she is doing with it.