Honored Contributor

O/T: How to bookmark your activity

Most of us miss being able to see our activity. It was always the first place I looked when logging on.

We don't have that feature right now, but there is a very simple way to replicate it:

At the top right-hand side of each page is the search function. In that bar, type in your nic. Then to the bar to the right of that one, use the drop-down menu and choose "users." So you are essentially searching for yourself (something I've done all my life, but I digress).

You should then get a page on which you'll find your nic. Don't click on your nic. DO click on the word "posts" associated your nic. That will take you to your activity (posts you've written and threads you've started).

Then using your computer, bookmark that page. I did this yesterday and used it this morning. It works, and it's a breeze.

I use Firefox, but I can't see why it wouldn't work with any browser.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Re: O/T: How to bookmark your activity

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Most of us miss being able to see our activity. It was always the first place I looked when logging on.

We don't have that feature right now, but there is a very simple way to replicate it:

At the top right-hand side of each page is the search function. In that bar, type in your nic. Then to the bar to the right of that one, use the drop-down menu and choose "users." So you are essentially searching for yourself (something I've done all my life, but I digress).

You should then get a page on which you'll find your nic. Don't click on your nic. DO click on the word "posts" associated your nic. That will take you to your activity (posts you've written and threads you've started).

Then using your computer, bookmark that page. I did this yesterday and used it this morning. It works, and it's a breeze.

Oh my...I saw this and got excited. I have been doing this exact thing for a day and a half now...all I get is it saying,  empty search query-please enter one or more key words and try again.

In other words I get a blank search.

When I do it the way they said it was supposed to bring them up, by clicking on your nic. Then I do get the few Topics I have started, and the old ones they decided to keep for me....none of the ones I have replied to show up anywhere ?

I read yesterday they were still working on that clicking on your nic...so for now I'm navigating around and saving money by not shopping while I'm all over the forum trying to learn it...Smiley Wink

thx though...I hope it's helping others.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

deja vu, did you follow the steps I gave exactly? Every time I do it (I have it bookmarked but I still tested it before posting this), it works. Let me try to pull up yours.

Got it:

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

That approach does seem to work........but how clunky and inconvenient!  

I liked the old, direct way much, much better.

Respected Contributor

Thank you SuzyQ it worked like a charm. One click.
Honored Contributor

@goodstuff wrote:

That approach does seem to work........but how clunky and inconvenient!  

I liked the old, direct way much, much better.

Before, you would click on your activity and then click on a post. Now, you click on your bookmark and then click on a post. Seems pretty much the same level of convenience to me, at least when or if they add an activity page here.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

deja vu, did you follow the steps I gave exactly? Every time I do it (I have it bookmarked but I still tested it before posting this), it works. Let me try to pull up yours.

Got it:

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@deja vu wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Got it:

Yay!

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Thank you Suzy! You have no idea how helpful this was for me.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I just wanted to mention that I didn't come up with this myself. I can't recall whose post I read a few days ago that mentioned this, but that's the person who deserves the credit.