Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T - Ex asking me for advice about 22 yr old girlfiend

I would do what you did. And I am wondering what he wanted legal advice about. Were you in charge of SAVING HIM just in case he made a mistake. I think I would simply decline and suggest he solve his own problems.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like he's just bragging.

Honored Contributor

Before my daughter got really sick with Lyme, her ex used to come into the salon for her to cut his hair. He could have just sent her a threatening, nasty text . . . and he would still waltz in there for his haircut. She would do it so as not to create a scene. But everyone knew the situation . . . and he couldn't have cared less because he thinks so highly of himself.

The one good thing about her not working anymore is this not happening anymore.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

As long as EX and OP have no children, I see no reason for contact.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/1/2014 GoodStuff said:

You're kidding, right? Your ex-husband emails you for free legal advice about his young girlfriend and you wonder if you're out of line not helping him? Hello? Helping your former husband with his new girlfriend would be your responsibility.....why? Good grief, girl.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

Just ignore him, that is the biggest kick in the teeth you can give him.

Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 StaciesMom said:
On 11/1/2014 debcakes said:

What is wrong with that 22 Yr. old. Does she not know how quickly he will seem like an old man?

EWWWWW When I was 22, I thought men past 40 were old and boring!

That's why only these young girls hook up with rich old ugly men. They have money/daddy issues. No other reason. When I was in my 20's . considering dating a man age 40 and up would be gross. All my friends would agree, too. Young hot men. yum.

Respected Contributor

He just emailed you to rub it in your face that he's with a 22 year old. From what you've told us, her age has no impact at all, legally, but he just reinforced that he's an a-- . Delete all future emails, or reply with something short, to the point, and curt, and count your blessings that you aren't with this scumbag.
Contributor

WTG Tess!!

Occasional Contributor

you did the CORRECT thing, because that's what I did with my ex when I found out he was with a 28 year old and he was 60, he has been DELEATED{#emotions_dlg.devil2} from everything! you did the right thing{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}