Super Contributor

O/T Estate Sale with over $700,000 of new QVC items

[ Edited ]

$700K of QVC goods on sale at Caledonia barn

Rochester Democrat and Chronicle‎ - 2 days ago

Just about anything you can buy on the QVC shopping channel was for sale for a fraction of .

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Estate Sale with over $700,000 of new QVC items

[ Edited ]

So sad this little old lady spent so much money for things she did not need. Sounds like she was lonely.  Pretty good sale for Dooney bags @ $100 each, Ryka sneakers for $10. I would like to go to a sale like this one. You know she is not the only one at home shopping online like this?

Honored Contributor

@NightowlzHopefully she enjoyed spending her own money, and whoever is running the estate sale will donate whatever the proceeds to a worthy charity after they've paid any bills she died owing.

Valued Contributor

An auctioneer friend of mine has told me that she has run into more than a few homes packed with unopened QVC merchandise.  I don't think I could NOT open those packages.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@NightowlzHopefully she enjoyed spending her own money, and whoever is running the estate sale will donate whatever the proceeds to a worthy charity after they've paid any bills she died owing.

I bet she did have fun spending her money. The guy that bought it is an Estate Liquidator. He now lives in the 5200 sq ft home.  He plans to have another Estate sale in Feb. The article did not say anything about him donating to charity. He could donate to St. Judes Childrens Hospital.

Honored Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

An auctioneer friend of mine has told me that she has run into more than a few homes packed with unopened QVC merchandise.  

Watch any of the 'Hoarders' shows.   Invariably you'll see a number of QVC boxes/packaging lying around in the hoarder's home.  And most of the time those folks are down to their last penny to live on.  It's an addiction for many. 

Trusted Contributor

there are people who post right on this forum who frequently remind us that they are rich and buy multiples of things and then never open the boxes and don't send them back. 

I think this happens more than we think. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is just really disgusting to me. If she wanted to spend that much money on the things and USED and ENJOYED them, that would be one thing but since most was unused, that just sickens me.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@pateacher wrote:

An auctioneer friend of mine has told me that she has run into more than a few homes packed with unopened QVC merchandise.  

Watch any of the 'Hoarders' shows.   Invariably you'll see a number of QVC boxes/packaging lying around in the hoarder's home.  And most of the time those folks are down to their last penny to live on.  It's an addiction for many. 

I don't watch those shows much anymore because they often just make me angry, lol, but I've seen many whith unopened HSN and QVC packages buried underneath all the waste and feces and...well, you get the picture.

Respected Contributor

Stay tuned in for future episodes of Hoarding: Buried Alive!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield