Respected Contributor

Re: O/T Dog Show 8 pm est on CNBC!

I was on the phone with my parents and Dad said the old englsih sheepdog would win!
Super Contributor

On 2/16/2015 makeup addict said:
On 2/16/2015 occasional rain said: So many great dogs, hard to choose a favorite
I know! All great dogs!

So far, I've picked three group winners -- the Beagle, the Standard Poodle and the Old English! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Lola
Honored Contributor

magemay....what a loving story. I can so relate to the heartache at your loss and the joy of bringing a new a new boy who was meant to be yours....wishing you many years of happiness with your boy.

Contributor

On 2/16/2015 makeup addict said:
On 2/16/2015 Minpinmom said: Love doggies; I have 2 Great Danes, baby Jack Russell and a Yorkie too. Used to own an Irish Wolfhound but he passed away 5 years ago. Go terriers!!!
Thise Irish wolf hounds are HUGE!!
They are gentle Giants and great with children. We raised our granddaughter with him. Most humble dog, slept in bed with us. I miss him everyday . The Danes are love bugs Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I cant imagine sharing a bed with a wolfhound! Bet he kept yu warm.m. Lola, you did good! Will see everyone tomorrow night! Thanks for keeping me company! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Lola and phoenixbrd, thank you for your kind words!

The barking dogs driving the Subaru while passing a mail truck commercial just woke them both up...lol

Enjoy the rest of the show, ladies Smile

Honored Contributor

I tuned into the last 20 minutes of the Herding Group and was so disgusted at the winner, I turned it off. I'm not a fan of the A.K.C. anyway. I have a friend who's a collie breeder and there is so much prejudice against certain breeds, she rarely shows her dogs anymore. A.K.C. Judges have caused serious problems with collies by requiring/selecting dogs with abnormally small, almond-shaped eyes. Now collies have serious eye problems due to this. A.K.C. does more harm than good.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2015 lucylover64 said:
On 2/16/2015 Drythe said:

Go Labradors! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Woof, Snuggle, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss.

All dogs are wonderful - Labs have my heart. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

A Lab has never won the WKC show. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Ditto: GO LABS! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Ditto: All dogs are wonderful - Labs have our hearts as well {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Ditto: A Lab has never won. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I LOVE the Dog Show!!!!!!

But they've been the #1 breed for the LAST 23 YEARS. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

And you can also get 'em from Lab. Retriever rescue groups and from shelters (use Petfinder.com). {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Love Labbies, but my fave is the Golden - who's never won BIS either. In fact, I'll take the entire Sporting Group, LOL, especially the Setters. 8)

Trusted Contributor

On 2/16/2015 Drythe said:

makeup addict, Congrats, Go Beagle! They look like such happy friendly doggies. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yes, Chaz is a sponsor of the WKC show this year and has a booth there!

OK, Labradors tomorrow! Labs are Lovers!

yay beagles! woot! Miss beagle says ahroooo

Frequent Contributor

On 2/16/2015 Kachina624 said: I tuned into the last 20 minutes of the Herding Group and was so disgusted at the winner, I turned it off. I'm not a fan of the A.K.C. anyway. I have a friend who's a collie breeder and there is so much prejudice against certain breeds, she rarely shows her dogs anymore. A.K.C. Judges have caused serious problems with collies by requiring/selecting dogs with abnormally small, almond-shaped eyes. Now collies have serious eye problems due to this. A.K.C. does more harm than good.

That's terrible if there is a prejudice. I've wondered about this at times but thought it was my bias. I love the herding breed. I had a wonderful German Shepherd/Collie mix. Then my last dog was predominantly Collie. So smart and happy-go-lucky. I still can't bring myself to get another dog but my heart's desire is to one day bring a Sheltie, (Shetland Sheepdog) into our family.