Respected Contributor

O/T ~ Does Anyone Where TORIC Contact Lenses?

I just started wearing toric contact lenses for astigmatism.  I understand there's a weight in the bottom of the contacts for the lens to turn once they are on the eye. 

It takes mine well over an hour to turn.  Is there anyway to see the weight and try to insert it on the eye with the weight closest to the bottom?

TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T ~ Does Anyone Where TORIC Contact Lenses?

I wore toric lenses and don't recall them turning.  I would apply a drop or 2 of lens wetting solution or saline.  This will allow the lens to float and settle. 

Occasional Contributor

There are usually three engraved lines on the bottom of the lens that is weighted. They are easy to see if you hold them up to the light. That way you can orient them before you put them in...I've worn several brands over the past years and they all have the lines. Hope it helps...
Super Contributor

I'd check the fit with my doctor. If they have one of your measurements off it could make a difference. I've been wearing Toric for many years and never had that issue. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Trusted Contributor

Shouldn't take so long.  Go to your doctor and get another prescription.  Actually, get trials first, and then get the script once you (the doctor) finds the right fit.

Honored Contributor

I used to wear them, I'd just blink multiple times to help them balance. It should not take an hour. Call your eye dr and talk to them about it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

Shouldn't take so long.  Go to your doctor and get another prescription.  Actually, get trials first, and then get the script once you (the doctor) finds the right fit.

Yes, when I first started wearing them, they had me put them in at the office when my rx came in, and I remember them having me use the trials before that. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval