Super Contributor

LOL it's not personal.. My Mally sale thread was poofed a few days ago and I didn't care. You are posting about competitors and they can delete at their discretion.

Respected Contributor
On 3/23/2014 Bikkie said:

LOL it's not personal.. My Mally sale thread was poofed a few days ago and I didn't care. You are posting about competitors and they can delete at their discretion.

yeah, but still...there are threads here about drugstore dot com, hsn, sephora, ulta, shopnbc (or whatever they are calling themselves now) etc

this place was selling acure, and the Q doesn't carry that line...

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Valued Contributor

Yo ETS!!!! Where have you been? So good to see you been a very long time. Hope all is well with you....gee sorry you are having a problem. Hope you stick around to chat

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

Why does webbie allow all of those HSN threads? They are in direct competition w/ Q., yet there are dozens on these boards.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

I think QVC deletes posts that provide a discount code. The threads that discuss other product lines and other companies and other networks is fine. I also believe that some posters report certain threads. Or posters. It may even depend on the particular webbie that monitors the threads. I personally think QVC is extremely lenient and tolerant about the forums.

Honored Contributor

This is a community forum owned and operated by QVC, offered at no charge, and we agree to abide by their QVC Community Standards for Participation when we sign up and use it.

They make it pretty clear: "Use of these public areas for commercial purposes is prohibited. Do not use any Community features (including, but not limited to, video, forums, reviews, images, and profiles) to solicit funds, advertise, or solicit goods or services, or post third-party promotional material. Only use these public areas and Community features for non-commercial purposes."

To me, that seems logical. If I owned and paid for a forum on my business website, I wouldn't want it to be used as an outlet to post free advertisements for other businesses.

They also make it clear it’s their choice what will remain and what will be removed: "We reserve the right in our discretion to delete postings or threads that we deem in violation of these guidelines or otherwise unacceptable to us."

Since the community is open 24/7, they have several people filling the role of moderator (“Webbie”). Each of them has to subjectively interpret the standards. Add to that the fact that it’s impossible for them to read every post in every thread in every forum and sub-forum, and it’s no surprise to see the variation in their decisions.

It just seems to me we need to review the standards now and then, because I notice they’re updated occasionally, and then post what we think is appropriate with good conscience.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor
On 3/23/2014 dooBdoo said:

This is a community forum owned and operated by QVC, offered at no charge, and we agree to abide by their QVC Community Standards for Participation when we sign up and use it.

They make it pretty clear: "Use of these public areas for commercial purposes is prohibited. Do not use any Community features (including, but not limited to, video, forums, reviews, images, and profiles) to solicit funds, advertise, or solicit goods or services, or post third-party promotional material. Only use these public areas and Community features for non-commercial purposes."

To me, that seems logical. If I owned and paid for a forum on my business website, I wouldn't want it to be used as an outlet to post free advertisements for other businesses.

They also make it clear it’s their choice what will remain and what will be removed: "We reserve the right in our discretion to delete postings or threads that we deem in violation of these guidelines or otherwise unacceptable to us."

Since the community is open 24/7, they have several people filling the role of moderator (“Webbie”). Each of them has to subjectively interpret the standards. Add to that the fact that it’s impossible for them to read every post in every thread in every forum and sub-forum, and it’s no surprise to see the variation in their decisions.

It just seems to me we need to review the standards now and then, because I notice they’re updated occasionally, and then post what we think is appropriate with good conscience.

that makes no sense to me how the Q is running this site. the OP's thread was right along all the other threads that were promoting other stations, websites, stores, products that may or may not be sold here.

Why was her thread targeted, while it was right alongside all of the others? It is pretty darn clear by the subject titles what these threads are talking about - no review or guess work needed by the webbie.

there was nothing wrong or different with the OP's thread and based on the other threads here, it was appropriate and she did not post it with a nefarious reason ("good conscience")

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Honored Contributor

While I agree with everyone that it is their forum, their rules, what IS frustrating and I think perhaps what the OP is referring to is the very arbitrary deleting or leaving up of threads. The OP's keeps getting deleted apparently, however currently there ARE other similar posts for other sites or products or sales, even ones for sites that sell brands that QVC sells.

So I can understand why someone is frustrated with the inconsistency of how threads are poofed but again, it is their rules and if we choose to post on their forums, we have to be okay with what they do or don't do or, well, we can leave, which is apparently what the OP says she is going to do.

I personally wish there was more consistency with enforcing - or not enforcing- their own rules, just some kind of consistency would be nice.

Honored Contributor
Did you post a link in your thread? They will always delete a thread with a link to a product for sale.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
On 3/23/2014 kachina624 said: Did you post a link in your thread? They will always delete a thread with a link to a product for sale.

I read her thread this morning. She didn't post a link, nor at the time that I read the thread, there were any links.