Esteemed Contributor

About a minute and a half of giggles{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

CLICK HERE

http://www.getitfree.us/blog/article/Videos-they-set-up-their-christmas-tree-when-all-of-a-sudden-th...

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Re: O/T Cat vs Christmas Tree

We haven't had a tree, other than a small table top, in years because of the cats!

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/21/2014 autumnfaire said:

We haven't had a tree, other than a small table top, in years because of the cats!

Oh I know. My current Kitty is a "bush dweller" so she doesn't climb much, but she loves to lay under it and play with the packages{#emotions_dlg.wub}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

The Fuzz a/k/a Kitty........just loves to play with the pull chains on my Tiffany lamps.......so I have to keep them tied to the lamps..............uh huh, and NO tree.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Well, I can't NOT have a tree with three kids @ home, but with two cats...it's an adventure. They love to sit in it! They love to play with the candy canes! They love to sit under it, and dream about living outside-lol!

It's a challenge with cats, but is quite comical. All I hear, wherever I am in the house, is jingling of the ornaments dropping!

Valued Contributor

the cat will forever win. they know that tree is for them. lol

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

Bette, Thanks for the link and post about the video. It's so funny. I learned to put unbreakable ornaments on the bottoms "tiers" of the Christmas trees. Most of the time the cats left the tree alone, but now and then, tempation won out. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

Thanks for sharing, betteb. I currently have a 'dog house' with four permanent residents and a revolving cast of fosters. I do love cats and sometimes have a brief mental lapse when I thing it would be a good idea to adopt one or two....or none! Anyway, this video is just so real I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Merry Christmas to all.

Super Contributor

Shatterproof ornaments only in this cat house! Back in 2010 my two cats toppled the tree over and one was trapped underneath - very scary. We securely tie the tree to the baseboard and wall now...

Honored Contributor

Very cute video! My two cats are going to be 5. Their first Christmas with us was what I saw on the video! I actually had to get rid of the artificial tree we had then. My two sweet darlings bent all the branches down from climbing! Had to buy a whole new tree! My kitties have mellowed a bit but still knocked over my tabletop tree I have displayed in our living room! Wisenheimers!

"Pure Michigan"