Honored Contributor

O/T Am I The Only Person Who Has To Return Everything Because The Sleeves Are WAY Too Long?

Hello Beauties! So, I just packed up more coats, jackets, tops (you name it) because everyone of them have sleeves so long they cover up my entire hand!

Good grief! I couldn't be the only person with this problem. I asked my 2 friends who shop in stores for their clothes. They tell me that when they buy things in the store the sleeves are not that long.

I have clothes from QVC maybe even last year and they aren't as long as the ones I got in 2013!

It any of you have the same problem. The problem of the sleeves being way too long, please post here.

Maybe if QVC sees that there are more than 1 (me) or 2 people with this problem, they will stop lengthening the sleeves.

I remember seeing where someone posted here where they were tired of paying to get the sleeves shortened. I used to do it myself. I got tired of always shortening the sleeves and started sending them back.

I've finally (ok I'm hard headed) learned and will not order any more shirts long sleeved from QVC.

Please keep this going. I think that is the only way they will get the message.

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T Am I The Only Person Who Has To Return Everything Because The Sleeves Are WAY Too Long?

I'm a small person. 5'3" and a size 0 or 2. I always have to have sleeves hemmed, pants, hemmed, cuffs moved, waist lines tucked, you name it. If you want a good fit it is often the case to have it tailored. Just how it's always been for me. I learned early on (thanks mom) to have tailoring done where necessary. On the good side of that it opens the possibility to so many options when shopping. Many fit issues can be addressed with a nip, a hem, or a tuck to make a great garment.

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Am I The Only Person Who Has To Return Everything Because The Sleeves Are WAY Too Long?

I don't buy clothes from QVC or online in general at all unless I've tried it on in a store first because I too am smaller (5'4", size XS in shirts, size 4 in pants) and average clothes never fit me. Shirt sleeves are almost always too long and pants are usually too long, unless they carry petite sizes and even sometimes those are too long still. Jackets are the WORST for fitting, sight unseen. Fortunately, I have now found Lucky Brand jeans and their "ankle" length fits me the way I like it (slightly past my ankle, actually) so no more hemming jeans! yay! I will buy these online since I already know my size and length.

Anyway, I would never bother buying clothes online if I've never tried it on first because I would hate having to return things all the time.

Respected Contributor

You need to buy that arm stretcher they are selling on HSN...............

that should take care of it or maybe on one of those info commercials you'll be able to pick one up.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

on a side note, my new vince camuto sweatshirt has the sleeves tucked in at least 2 inches and it's fine, I'm not that picky when it comes to sleeve length, now if it was too cropped, yes it would go back.

New Contributor

Yes, I have the same problem & so does my mother. I used to alter clothes I ordered until I started ordering 3/4 sleeves from QVC. I buy my long sleeve outfits locally where I do not have this problem. At times, I see the models with clothes on that are either too small for them or the sleeves are too long. Guess they have the same concerns we do.

Honored Contributor

I have arms that are rather average and have never had a problem with sleeves. In most cases, I could just hem them if I did have a problem.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My beef is that I hate all of the 3/4 length sleeves. I prefer the long ones rather than those...they look like part of the sleeves are missing, IMO.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I look at clothes online I pay special attention to how the models hold their arms because if they are shoving their hands into the coat pockets that tends to disguise (on purpose) how long sleeves are. If sleeves look long on the models they will most likely be too long on the average customer. I tend to choose tops with 3/4 length sleeves because length isn't so much of an issue and I can show off bracelets.

Especially when outerwear sleeves with plackets are too long, they are next to impossible to shorten or very expensive to do so.

Honored Contributor

I also have short arms and I either have them hemmed or buy petite tops.

Super Contributor

For casual clothes, I just roll the cuff over. For more expensive or dressier things, they go to the tailor. I've always loved 3/4 sleeves, so snatching them up while they're still around. They've come and gone for years.