Super Contributor

Hello!

I have been a 'lurker' here since 2000 but have only just started posting. (Why did I wait so long!!?)

I was reading through the Compact thread and there was some discussion about working at a nursing home.

My daughter's goal is to become the Activities Director where she has worked since age 16.

Anyway...I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions in this thread or perhaps via email

regarding psychiatric nursing facilities, etc.?

I don't want to impose or pry..I just have some general questions.

I would so appreciate iut but understand completely if you are reluctant! @@@@@@@@@@@@@

edit to ad--I am not online again until early am...so if you respond I won't see it until tomorrow...thanks

Thank you

Sincerely

Honored Contributor

Well, as far as I can tell, they probably won't be calling me to work today because I was already into double time by the end of the shift on Friday morning. There always seems to be a shortage of nurses in Psych. When I applied for the job I noticed how many positions were open and thought it was odd. When I asked about turnover, the Director's response was: "It's rats leaving a sinking ship."

So what would you like to know about the RMS Titanic?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~