Super Contributor

Re: O/T ANY OLD SCHOOL BEAUTY BOARD LADIES AROUND?? JUST WANTED TO SAY HI!

Hi SnowKita!  OMG, the NR reference--yes--that is when I first discovered this board. I got quite an education as that whole thing unfolded. High drama!  I never ordered from her, but it was quite interesting and awful all at once. Great to see your post. Have a fabulous week. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm an old timer!  Was just thinking about RowdyMom and Joella, Harpa, I remember NR of course, and Lyn in MI was a regular.  Anyone remember Xanax4smiles?

I don't come on Beauty that much more because Q doesn't sell the brand I use.  And sometimes it can get so political if you mention the brand you like and why you like it.

So I stay away, can't ignore any more.  LOL

Valued Contributor

yep . still here!

cathy from ma

Super Contributor

lol, i remeber the nr drama.  that was so insane!  gosh, its been  awhile

Super Contributor

WOW!! so cool to hear from so many of you all. 

i wont lie i almost cannot figure out this new board at all.  it all looks like teeny tiny ingredient listings to me. 

after looking around i have come to the conclusion that the q wanted to disempower the beauty boards. 

when i look at so many things they have done with  so many products, and then see that they followed the suggestions on the beauty boards that we talked about, i can really imagine what a thorn we put in their side on some things. 

but it is nice to see all you all here.  i dont know besides my computer problems why i stopped posting.  but i stopped buying and then temptation was always around the corner if i stopped buy.  plus became insanely busy.  and have really just caught my breath a little. 

lol, i am STILL going off my philosophy stash from waaaaay back then.  have used up all the duds, and down to the hard choices, lol ; /  trying to minimalize my life.  just too much stuff!!

hubby was in the hospital for a month this summer with cellulitis of all things, so we are just bouncing back from that.  belle is almost as tall as me (5'8") (im 5'11") and going into a size 13 ladies shoe at ELEVEN years old.  oh man she isnt my little baby like she was when i first got on this board.  she is a sweetie, with a full on case of sass.  we got into a pretty cool homeschool group so it is a joy to see her doing her cool-nerd thing with a bunch of other cool-nerd kids.  makes me smile when she cant see me of course.  

hope everyone is well and if anyone sees justbee could you please direct her over here or direct me to her, because i cannot figure out this board hardly at all.  thank you so much!!  BIG WAVE AND HUGS!!!!

LOVE BELLEANDME 

Honored Contributor

@belleandme wrote:

HELLO!  havent been on in so long.  the board looks so wierd.  lol, but i see i am what they call a super contributor.   too funny.  just wanted to say hi in case any of my old peeps were here.   when i still couldnt log on, i would troll through looking for justbee and squeezebox, but havent seen any names i know hardly, except for i like celery.  

anyhoo, hi to all and hope everyone is well,

take good care,

belleandme : )

WHERE THE ____ HAVE YOU BEEN???

Did you sense my despair this week over the playoffs and come back to console me, oh fellow Sheridan Roader?

I have searched for you and was just about to give up -- and now here you are.  This comes at just the right time.  I can't even begin to explain how good it is to see you and the others posting here.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

hi, belleandme! do i count as old school? old school-ish? so nice to "see" you!! i hope you and belle are doing well!

Honored Contributor

Been here since 2006 and recognize several names.

I remember  RowdyMom, Joella, Harpa, WackersStella Oro, LyninMI.  Once upon a time there was advice here.  

Oh, and drama, remember NRs trip to the Beauty Bash?  Heck do you remember the Q's Beauty Bash at all?  Hard to believe those ever happened.  Sort of wish I had made it to one of them!

Does anyone remember the name of the woman who had had both feet amputated? She was just before getting married and then she passed away.  She was sharp and so funny!  Once we were both interested in a new MU and I bought a sample, guess I was too slow to use it and she said, "Hurry up and slap some MU on that face girl, you need it!

Hope everyone is doing well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Does anyone remember the name of the woman who had had both feet amputated? She was just before getting married and then she passed away.  She was sharp and so funny!  Once we were both interested in a new MU and I bought a sample, guess I was too slow to use it and she said, "Hurry up and slap some MU on that face girl, you need it!

Brabls?  Many of us miss her.  Sharp as a tack and so funny.  Really miss her common sense.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Hi, everyone...

Yes, I have been a member here, probably since as early as 2006, I can't remember the exact date!

Got many, many great tips from this forum in these years!

Some of the years I have not participated very much due to time limitations with teaching -- my job quadrupled until... YOU GUESS IT -- RETIREMENT (last Dec. 2014!!!)

Although my discussions with each poster were limited, I do remember some!  I DO remember NR... and the issue was in some kind of bogus oil?  if I remember correctly?

LOL... I also remember the first Christmas that we were "empty nesters"... oh, my... we stayed on the boards being hilarious (or so WE thought!) until they closed the boards for Christmas evening... So glad that the Q "got" how lonely we were!

Does anybody remember Katherine W or "AtmoreKatherine?" 

Heart

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~