Super Contributor

O.K. LADIES: I AM BITING THE BIG BULLET.....

since i decided this morning to not use purity or micro. del. exf. wash for two weeks right before i took my shower, i hadnt really thought it through.

well........ in the shower i thought, why dont i just see if i can go without ALL PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS FOR TWO WEEKS? while i am at it.

i must be nuts. i really dont know why i am doing it, but i just want to see how it goes.

without thinking of the ubers or the stash or making any kind of decisions or proclamations. and since most of you probably wont want to join me.....lol....i will post here and let you know how it is going.

so far:

washed my face with tawaka from ojon, and used apricot scrub i had lying around.

for body i used tawaka, and then while trying not to use my 3-1's like a junkie, i used dh's roemary and mint aveda soap, which i got him for christmas. and it smelled really nice, lathered nice, and left me squeaky clean. used some oatmeal conditioner i had, and called it --reluctantly- a day. giving my hot buttered rum a wistful look on the way out.

felt very plain and spartan, and was like, "is that all there is?". proceeded to drying and put on some old perlier choc/van lotion i had lying around. skin feels fine, and smells ok.

then i went upstairs and used some non-ag hair serum, and then the clincher--the real deal that made me know i was really trying this: perfume.

bleck! put on some vanilla/coffeebean i had from perlier, yuck. came back about 20 minutes later, put on some dr. denese beyond ageless, which i highly recommend, and still didnt smell right. of course. so i put on some fresh laundry from clean. at that point i decided i was maxed out and needed to quit.

found myself every five minutes heading back in my dressing room, going for the phil scents without even realizing it. just didnt seem right without them.

so i have survived really since yesterday, without any phil products. whoops--i did slip up and wash my hands with my candycane by my sink. and i was like, aaahhhh....oh no! so i substituted it with some all natural miracle soap i had around.

so far i already feel some detatchment from the brand , but like an ex smoker i just keep thinking about it. like it wont be right until i can spritz on some pg.

really interesting. and we all know i can survive, and will probably dive right back into phil, in two weeks, but this is an interesting challenge, and i may find some answers to the shower gel addiction here.

bee and i will have to open up that phil detox spa after all! lol!

belleandme