Highlighted
Regular Contributor

What do you think is the likelihood that QVC will offer a Nuface Trinity PLUS TSV? Anyone know anything? 
many thanks ☘️🍀

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nuface Trinity PLUS TSV?

Hi @Birdwatchergirl 

Why do you think there will be a Nuface Trinity PLUS TSV?

I googled Nuface Trinity PLUS and it apparently is a new device.  The Nuface website does not explain the differences.  I compared the descriptions because I was curious.  The trinity+ promises "instant*" results, and the regular trinity states it is a 5 minute facial.  But the instructions for both are the same, and they are for a 5 minute facial.  The asterisk after "instant" does not take you to any explanation.  The regular price of the trinity is $339 and the trinity+ is $395.  Both prices without attachments.  QVC offered the regular trinity without attachments on a Black Friday price of $249, and they included an applicator brush like you see below.

The other difference is that trinity+ offers "app-exclusive NuFACE 3-Depth Technology."  So I guess that means they track the people that download this app.  In a Q&A (I had to google again to find this), the website states "3-Depth Technology has three different output modes the depth that microcurrent is treating down into the skin and muscle."  I think a chatbot wrote this sentence.

The appearance of the devices is slightly different (pictures below); and the attachments don't work interchangeably between the 2 devices.  So I guess they want customers to spend money on new attachments, since I can't think of any reason why the shape of the device and attachments would have to be different.

nuface trinity

NuFACE Trinity® Starter Kit - Facial Toning Device #1

nuface trinity+

TRINITY+ Starter Kit - Smart Advanced Facial Toning Kit #1

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe   Thanks for the information.  Are you using the Nuface, and if so, would you recommend it.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd  I am embarrassed to admit that I bought one at the $249 price but have yet to open it.  Sucked in by the good price and loose skin after weight loss.  

I have read that microcurrent helps with sagging necks and jowls, but I think its results are minimal.  I have watched presentations about it, and the only host to say she used it (Mary Beth) stated she used it for a time.  Ooops.  So are the results worth the treatment time?  Not sure.  Looks like Mary Beth didn't think so since she seems to have stopped using it.  Angie Hot and Flashy has a good You Tube video with her befores and afters, which I think is a good and honest review.  And to be fair, Nuface's before and afters are no big whoop.

I read into this a little bit.  Nuface is a microcurrent device that works by lifting and toning muscles.  

I think lasers may be more effective for my loose skin issue, as they can reach into the layers of skin to stimulate collagen production, which would have a tightening effect.  I have been taking Vital Proteins, a collagen product, and it has helped reduce the loose skin.  The difference has been noticeable.

It appears that red and near infrared LED devices are just a form of laser, a non-ablative (non-cutting) laser, according to a book I bought on the subject, offering the same benefits of "lasers" as long as they have the same wavelengths and power densities.  Most sellers to consumers don't disclose the power densities of their devices, which to me means they are low and not that effective.

Ablative lasers are those used in medical offices to remove the top layers of the skin to improve the appearance of the skin and stimulate collagen production.  The procedure has down time, as it requires skin to heal.

The non-ablative lasers available for home use don’t remove any skin. They heat the skin to stimulate collagen production.  This should firm the skin, according to what I have read.  They can also improve the surface of the skin.

I am thinking based on my reading that a non-ablative laser would be more effective for my needs, mainly loose skin.

I have not tried lasers or red and near infrared LED devices, but I am leaning towards this.

I have read that a person can use both microcurrent and low level laser therapy treatments on the same day, but I forget the order.  The treatments work in different ways and are complementary.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd meant to ask you whether you use the nuface and what was your experience.

My reason for my long post in response to @Birdwatchergirl was that she mentioned the Plus thing, and I wondered what it was.  I was surprised Nuface was not touting the differences, if there are any other than the app.

@Birdwatchergirl do you use the nuface?  If you do, would love to hear what you think of it.

TIA

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This item will NOT lift  or restore firmness to skin. And neither can topical items. Only cosmetic surgery can do that. My upper lids sagged badly - wearing eye makeup only made them look worse. I had my lids done and they look fabulous. Natural, nothing pulled. Quick, painless procedure that does not require general anesthesia.

A good friend of mine through aging and weight loss had facial skin/jowl sagging. She had a lower facelift which removed it all. She looks natural and you would never know she had surgery.

Cosmetic surgery is not for everyone, but I wish women would stop believing these fake 

promises from the beauty industry.

Good skin care is important, but I dont use ' magic potions."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @ellaphant   I don't know if you realize it, but microcurrent, the technology behind Nuface, is not a potion or topical item, it is a device that has an effect in the muscles below the surface of the skin.  There are scientific studies on what it can do.  For some people the slight cosmetic differences it produces are worthwhile.  

What is worth it or not depends on ones goals, budget and tolerance.  Everyone can make their own decisions.

Plastic surgery can be effective, but there are downsides into cutting healthy tissue for cosmetic purposes, and the results are not always as expected.  I am not for or against cosmetic surgery, it is definitely something I would consider, but not something I need, just as any of the devices I have mentioned.

Like you, I don't believe in fake promises.  To each, their own.

PS - I am glad you look fabulous and are happy with your results.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Hi @ellaphant   I don't know if you realize it, but microcurrent, the technology behind Nuface, is not a potion or topical item, it is a device that has an effect in the muscles below the surface of the skin.  There are scientific studies on what it can do.  For some people the slight cosmetic differences it produces are worthwhile.  

What is worth it or not depends on ones goals, budget and tolerance.  Everyone can make their own decisions.

Plastic surgery can be effective, but there are downsides into cutting healthy tissue for cosmetic purposes, and the results are not always as expected.  I am not for or against cosmetic surgery, it is definitely something I would consider, but not something I need, just as any of the devices I have mentioned.

As I said cosmetic surgery is not for everyone.

I see Jane and Marybeth who lavish praise , promise impossible results and show highly questionable before and after pics about products that clearly are not working on them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I see Jane and Marybeth who lavish praise , promise impossible results and show highly questionable before and after pics about products that clearly are not working on them. 

@ellaphant I am not aware of these presentations, so I don't have an opinion on them.  No one else has mentioned them.  I did write about how Mary Beth said once she only used the product for a limited time, which to me means clearly she was unhappy with the result.  I don't recall any impossible promises or questionable before and afters.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@ellaphant I am not aware of these presentations, so I don't have an opinion on them.  No one else has mentioned them.  I did write about how Mary Beth said once she only used the product for a limited time, which to me means clearly she was unhappy with the result.  I don't recall any impossible promises or questionable before and afters.

Dont't know how you have  missed the promises of " results in days!" and shady before and afters for the "anti aging' products they sell. Jane and Marybeth are examples these productsc don't work. They have very clear signs of aging that aren't going away.