Respected Contributor

I just placed an order For one of these combs. It's made of resin and is suppose to be "gentle" on the hair. I have long hair, about half way down my back and right now I'm just using a wide tooth plastic comb from Walmart. Has anyone tried these combs? If so, what's your thoughts? 

Honored Contributor

I don't have one. I do have some seamless combs, a horn comb and a wood comb from some Etsy stores. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: Nubone combs?

[ Edited ]

I don't have one but I'm curious about them. What are they supposed to do?  I guess you didn't get it from QVC.  My granddaughter has fine, tangly, wavy hair--would it be good for her?  Would love to know more about these combs. 

Respected Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I don't have one but I'm curious about them. What are they supposed to do?  I guess you didn't get it from QVC.  My granddaughter has fine, tangly, wavy hair--would it be good for her?  Would love to know more about these combs. 

I ordered mine from a site for hair dressers called Birth and Beauty. I'm not a hair dresser and one doesn't have to be one to order from this site. It was $8.99. It's suppose to not pull or tug wet hair when combing it out and it's suppose to help with static. QVC has a similar type comb/brush from a different brand that is about $23. I'm excited to see how it performs and will definitely let you know. 

Honored Contributor

Are these supposed to be like vegan leather?  Any material can be fashioned without sharp edges, even plain old "plastic."  At least someone is trying to make quality items. So tired of throwing things out all the time.  My mother passed with most of the same stuff she had used all her life.  Fuller brushes, for example.  Revere Ware pans.  She wouldn't dream of discarding things that had an iota of life left in them. 

Respected Contributor

I received my comb and I have to say that it does not tug or pull my hair when my hair is wet, which the plastic big tooth comb did. I wish it was a tad bit bigger, but it was worth the $8 for sure. HTH. I first head and saw this comb when watching Lisalisad1 use it in one of her videos.