Respected Contributor

NuFace and other microcurrent devices

I have to admit I have one, but don't like using it.

I don't like having to apply the gel and rinse it off. It is another step my dry winter skin doesn't need.

I have been using the LightStim for 2 years, and I use it faithfully. It is easy to use, but it does require time (3 minutes per section of your face).

I may bite the bullet and use the NuFace if I believe it has long lasting results, not a temporary only result.

I can attest to temporary results. It does lift the areas of your face after you use it. But, I only want to put the time in if it is cumulative.

Opinions, please.

Hyacinth Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: NuFace and other microcurrent devices

They work your face muscles and like any exercise when you stop the muscles loose their tightness.

Valued Contributor

I use mine every morning for five minutes. I admit that using the gel is sticky and annoying,but feel it's worth it. I especially notice my brows and cheeks being lifted. If I stop, naturally my face reverts, because you must continue to do it, just like any other exercise. Good luck withyour decision! Btw, the Lightstim dried out my skin terribly.
Regular Contributor

I too used the lighstim for years- but after developing Rosacea (I think lightstim contributed) I could no longer use it. Purchased the nuface mini when it was a TSV in November and have used 5X per week since receiving. I have to say it has really worked! I think better than lightship. Noticeable results. My daughters have noticed my laugh lines are softer. I am definitely going to faithfully use.

I agree the gel is another step our dry skin could do without- I rinse my face with warm water and lightly use a konjac sponge, then apply aloe gel for treatment, then wash with a light cleanser. I find my skin does ok and is not red when I finish.

Regular Contributor

I too bought the Nuface back in October as the tsv, use it daily and LOVE IT. I do it in front of the tv. The hooding on my eyes is greatly reduced and my turkey neck is tightening up. My jawline is also firmer and chisled. I didn't use the gel that came with it. I read on lots of forums when researching, that it broke people out. I already have enough acne flare ups. So I have been using plain old Walmart aloe vera gel as suggested, and it's cheap and works awesome. And no break outs. I love this little thing and will keep using it.

Occasional Contributor

I bought the NuFace Mini when it was on sale a couple of months ago and love it. I don't care for the gel but use one of my Isomers serums. I think any water-based, oil-free serum would work just fine, or aloe vera as many have mentioned.

I also use a light therapy device at least 4 times a week. I had the LightStim a few years ago but it took forever and it conked out after almost two years. I purchased the DPL light panels and love them! I can treat my entire face and top portion of my neck at one time and do the whole 17 minute session while laying in bed. I've seen really great prices on this unit....as low as $189. I purchased a back-up one just to have in case.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/27/2014 JenJ said:

I bought the NuFace Mini when it was on sale a couple of months ago and love it. I don't care for the gel but use one of my Isomers serums. I think any water-based, oil-free serum would work just fine, or aloe vera as many have mentioned.

I also use a light therapy device at least 4 times a week. I had the LightStim a few years ago but it took forever and it conked out after almost two years. I purchased the DPL light panels and love them! I can treat my entire face and top portion of my neck at one time and do the whole 17 minute session while laying in bed. I've seen really great prices on this unit....as low as $189. I purchased a back-up one just to have in case.

Hi Jen, Are you the one who recommended the panels a few years ago on the Isomers website. If so, thanks I love them. (At this point I don't remember where I purchased them.)

Do the math.
Occasional Contributor

Hi MarieIG,

Yes! That was me....you may have purchased your panels where ordered my first one from...Hollywood Beauty Secrets. So glad you love them!

CosChem Supply (online) is a source for purchasing various serums at really good prices if someone prefers to use a serum vs a gel for their microcurrent device.

Respected Contributor

I ask about the NuFace because I feel the info on longer term results is not CLEAR.

I know you have to keep using it to some degree to keep good results.

I don't want to use something I don't like using (hate that gel requirement) and not have the results be cumulative.

Yes, the LightStim is tedious and time consuming. I use it while watching television. I am a really faithful user of it because it's so easy. I can see it could be drying because it can get quite warm. Those light panels are tempting as far as time goes!

In demos and photos, the NuFace definately gives good results. But, I have gone fishing for info on long term benefits and the info is more sketchy!

Hyacinth

Occasional Contributor

Hyacinth,

I've been using microcurrent devices for approximately five years and consider it one of my key tools. For me, it's just as important as attending the yoga studio consistently and hiking for my body muscles. I believe optimal aging (not a fan of the term anti-aging) requires a multi-pronged approach.

Without a doubt my NuFace has paid off but it's something that should be used consistently as gravity is always working against us. I keep mine handy with my serum and use it while watching television in the evenings.

There are reviews on youtube you may want to check out if you've not done so already. There is one woman is has a video for her two year review using the NuFace Trinity.